• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
IMG_0580.jpg

i love the natural colour on the sole, looks great, i'd get that in a veal chestnut

Xyst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
Looking through the catalogue atm... I'm really curious about the Queenslander Toe (B536)
and Original Toe (B503, B507, B508). Can't find any shoes or images of shoes with this last.

For my next RMW I want something less slanted but not too round either. The B543 craftsman toe kind of looks like this: right shoe --> |\\ ... almost like a right triangle-- though I'm used to it now and seems less and less so the more I wear it... weird.

I'm going to try on a pair of Queesnlander's this week, anything particular you want to know? I can tell you they're a very WIDE boot, think 4E, which is why I'm trying them on.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
weird.. in the catalogue it looks narrow.. I'm looking for a more slender shape.. not too pointy / triangular or round

are the queenslander also on the elastic sided?

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kbuzz
So does this mean that RMW is willing to relast or change soles on existing boots? I like my comfort craftsman but find the sole a bit too clunky, particularly around the toe box. Would they redo the sole with say a nailed or narrower sole?
Well, the boots I've sent off are a kind of experiment. As I explained above, they'll relast them to the correct size (12H) that they should have been. The next step will be to replace the 'comfort' innards with a screwed leather sole. I'll hold off on any comment, until they're safely back in my hands (feet). I will post pics. Lear

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
The full line-up - Dress Boots in the front - Cas/semi casual boots in the back I was surprised how close the browns are. I'm sure when I was in London Store the Chestnut Buckle Boot looked very different to the Chestnut Craftsman

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Not an RM Williams boot..., but I needed to buy something dress down ... think jeans, t-shirt and these fit the bill.

I would be interested to hear tips on how to make the bull leather darker

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tez Mulan
Not an RM Williams boot..., but I needed to buy something dress down ... think jeans, t-shirt and these fit the bill. I would be interested to hear tips on how to make the bull leather darker
They look like Ian Harold boots. Do you live in Melbourne? Why not go out to their factory and ask them or ring them up?

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question on sizing help. What size does AE 5 Last (Park Ave/ Strand) in US11E translate to for Craftsman and Macquarie?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
Quick question on sizing help. What size does AE 5 Last (Park Ave/ Strand) in US11E translate to for Craftsman and Macquarie?
craftsman 10G macquarie (slimmer)....just from interpretation of whats said here and some extrapolation from crafftsman fit... probably 10G or 10.5F

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tez Mulan
The full line-up

- Dress Boots in the front

- Cas/semi casual boots in the back

I was surprised how close the browns are. I'm sure when I was in London Store the Chestnut Buckle Boot looked very different to the Chestnut Craftsman

looks like you are a 7.5 G. if you want to sell those Clarets lemme know
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads