• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Well, the colour on my claret pair is not as uniform as it first was - I usually use Kiwi Cordovan. Not glamorous, I know, but it works. I have not experienced the pink spot issue.
OK, well it must be me then. It happens pretty fast. Even droplets of water from washing my hands will do the same. Walking under an umbrella in very light drizzle will also cause the same very noticeable spots; where the wind blows the spray onto your feet... it's a water contact thing. The micro droplets of spay from a damp pavement will also cause spotting on the sides. I must remember, there are more important things in life to consider
laugh.gif
... enough!

DECEMBER

Reaction score
was so excited to finally get my black craftsman (nailed sole) today... and they fit perfect.
I wear size 8D in allen Edmond PA and went with 7G in these. (feet measure 8D on brannock).

Should I polish these up first before wearing? I bought the black polish and it says to use in conjunction with RM williams leather conditioner... (leather conditioner = saddle dressing?).

Vox Populi

Reaction score
Ok experts, is there any online retailer in the UK currently selling RMW shoe trees? The shop on New Bond Street doesn't sell them as they have been discontinued.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
btw is there a RMW last which doesn't have such a triangular shaped nose? I didn't expect the chisel toe to end in almost a right triangle shape. Is the narrow-medium toe (macquarie) the same?

(what I mean by this is the exaggerated slant that goes from the tip of the shoe to where the outer toe or pinky, rests).

This is only noticeable when I look down at my feet when I'm standing up; but from any other angle it looks fine.

I guess I was expecting the Craftsman to have a wider chisel in the front or more sleek on the outer side. Then again I ordered screwed sole construction which is why it may look different.

Anyone have a good top-down image of the forum special model? Make sure you take an image that gives a good top-down outline of the shoe and isn't skewed at an angle. (Like in the OP's image). Thanks!

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vox Populi
Ok experts, is there any online retailer in the UK currently selling RMW shoe trees? The shop on New Bond Street doesn't sell them as they have been discontinued.

I think that RMW's boot trees are/were made by the Rochester Boot Tree Company. They have a webshop:

http://www.onecedarlane.com/detail.p...&catid=3&sort=

From the picture here they look exactly like the RM trees I bought at the RM shop in Adelaide. There are plenty of other boot/shoe tree makes and models that function just as well or even better.

Cheers

whereswally?

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Another stupid boot sizing question in this thread.

I have a pair of 8 ½ F CC which are a little too long and a bit too tight in the toe box area. After wearing them for a while the leather has moulded slightly around the toe box area making it a bit bearable but they are still too long when wearing dress socks.

Wearing thicker socks helps with the length problem but the makes the width of the boot a bit cramped. Which I could possible solve by purchasing Boot Inner Sole Heel Pad or something similar hopefully.

Now my question is what size do you think I should go with for the Kangaroo Craftsmen? I was thinking since the kangaroo is suppose to stretch a bit and since there is no comfort insole I could maybe get away with a 8F. But since they don't do the F size for them whether to go for an 8G?

I unfortunately don't have the option of trying the Kangaroo craftsman on so any advice would be appreciated.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B543 craftsman yearling chestnut w/ nailed soles (MTO)
DpYG7.jpg
hSMKx.jpg
6T8Tp.jpg
759JD.jpg
eS3bA.jpg
AE-PA-10D to 9F works perfectly. shape of heel contours well to feet, ankle fits nice and snug, love that theres enough height for my high arch, just enough wiggle room for the little piggies, perfect width, about as good as it gets ball of feet isnt getting enough support, but i think the foot bed just needs breaking-into

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont have the non-nailed equivalent so I cannot say... but they are no more difficult to walk than any other shoes

ThomasoAIK

Reaction score
My first pair of rmw's arrived today. Kinda like them and they fit pretty god but they are a bit to pointy for my taste. Thinking about selling them and order a pair with the medium round toe instead.

Thats the problem with ordering stuff you only seen pictures off and i dont know if iam going to like the medium toe better. Maybee they will be to clunky looking like the regular turnout that i looked at.
82132745.jpg

91764971.jpg

Rusty G.

Reaction score
Are these Macquaries?

Actually, I think that they look pretty good!

Originally Posted by ThomasoAIK
My first pair of rmw's arrived today. Kinda like them and they fit pretty god but they are a bit to pointy for my taste. Thinking about selling them and order a pair with the medium round toe instead.

Thats the problem with ordering stuff you only seen pictures off and i dont know if iam going to like the medium toe better. Maybee they will be to clunky looking like the regular turnout that i looked at.
82132745.jpg

91764971.jpg

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rusty G.
Are these Macquaries? Actually, I think that they look pretty good!
defo Macquaries I would say., the combo of the boot design and the color, with the color contrast on the sole makes these a very striking combo this is one where the welted sole works A couple of weeks ago I gave the Whisky the thumbs down. I might well have been wrong there!

ThomasoAIK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rusty G.
Are these Macquaries?

Actually, I think that they look pretty good!

Macquaries with rubber soles to be exact and maybee i can get used to a more pointy shoe.

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
B543 craftsman yearling chestnut w/ nailed soles (MTO) <snip>
Thanks for posting those pics Trompe le Monde. Some of the clearest so far showing the nailed sole. As mentioned above, I'm having my old claret CC resoled as nailed. What strikes me about the original CC, is how the chisel toe is enhanced/exaggerated by the presence of the protruding rim. With the nailed sole, the lack of such rim softens the toe shape by optical illusion. Lear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads