1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rlpl/edward green sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Phil, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Another thread had mentioned a Ralph Lauren sale this week. I just left the Madison Ave. store here in Manhattan with a beautiful pair of dark oak antique Pitney RLPL/EG oxfords (the Pitney is basically the EG Dover), for 40% off. They retail for $850, which includes the shoe trees. They seemed to have a variety of sizes left in all the models. I was most intrigued by a pair of RLPL spectators they had - black calfskin/white suede. They were georgeous.

2. kabert

kabert Well-Known Member

Nice job. Were the ones you got on last 89?

3. Internyet

Internyet Active Member

In the original post, it said that the sale officially begins on June 3rd -- do you know if it started today just in NYC, or all over?

4. don_andomo

don_andomo Active Member

Phil, do you know if they take orders by phone?

5. Dan G

Dan G Well-Known Member

Would anyone happen to know the address of the Madison Ave store? What's the cross street?
    Thanks

6. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

That's a great price on a great shoe.

I saw the spectators when I was in the store in May (they're Cardiffs, aren't they?). Good-looking shoes, but I would have been happier if Ralph had ordered cognac instead of black for the colored leather.

Kabert, if I remember correctly, the RLPL Dovers were on the 606 last.

Dan, the store is at 888 Madison Avenue (Madison @ 71st St.). You can't miss it.

7. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

the dovers I got are on the 606 last, with a double leather sole. I thought the sale started on the 3rd too, but I had to stop in to pick up some alterations. While I was there a guy mentioned the sale (there were no signs or discounted labels), and I asked if that included the shoes. 40% for the RLPL, 30% for the others. I was surprised they had alot of sizes left, but I guess I got lucky this time.

I agree about the spectators, brown would have been even better.

8. Internyet

Internyet Active Member

I went to the Beverly Hills shop (444 N. Rodeo) -- I was unimpressed by the selection of RLPL/EG shoes -- Only two styles available (both slip-on) -- It was fun to browse though.