• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
excuse the darkness, pic is from a camera phone. i think with my nudies they look fine, but compared to the other jeans i wear which are more tapered they start to look "cowboyish." i think they're also very limited with the style i wear so i'm afraid it's gonna be return for me.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well that's how they look, so its all personal taste at this point

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Wow. they have my size. free shipping. should be no tax. and the non-logo version. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
the ones on cultizm have no logo either. on their website it shows that they do, but they'll ship to you the non-logo ones. GWHiZiTSPHiL - personally i think they look good on you, the only thing i'd change is less stacking. combined with a more utilitarian outfit, especially, it works very well (aka militaristic jackets, clean crisp plain t-shirts, beanies, plain hoodies, etc.). also works very well with any earth-toned clothing. i don't see the cowboy aesthetic at all though. when i think cowboy boots i think slim and long, not big and rugged. but yea, it's all personal preference. maybe you should post in the waywt post to get some more feedback
smile.gif

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
shipping back to germany for returns is ridiculous. so i'm selling my red wing 9011s if anyone is interested. brand new out of box.

butchhuskey

Reaction score
It seems that most people size down in the GTs. If I'm a US 12/UK 11 in Doc Martens, should I go down to the US 11.5/UK 10.5?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by butchhuskey
It seems that most people size down in the GTs. If I'm a US 12/UK 11 in Doc Martens, should I go down to the US 11.5/UK 10.5?
please refer to previous posts. this has been posted many times, thanks. cultizm's site even has instructions if you had looked there.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by butchhuskey

IME, Doc Martens are sized a bit small. I wear a US9/UK8 in DM but I am a US8/UK7/EU41 in nearly every other shoe. My ideal size for the GTs is 7.5, but mine are a size 8, which fit 90% fine. The size 7.5 would be 100%.

so what does that mean, you should probably get the 11.5 GT, but there's a chance you might fit better into the 11. If your docs fit snug I'd get the 11.5 GT, if the docs fit a half size loose I'd get the 11 GT

headtotoe

Reaction score
I usually wear 10 but in 9011's wear 9. Try Zappos. timing edit: see Get Smart above
smile.gif

butchhuskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
IME, Doc Martens are sized a bit small. I wear a US9/UK8 in DM but I am a US8/UK7/EU41 in nearly every other shoe. My ideal size for the GTs is 7.5, but mine are a size 8, which fit 90% fine. The size 7.5 would be 100%.

so what does that mean, you should probably get the 11.5 GT, but there's a chance you might fit better into the 11. If your docs fit snug I'd get the 11.5 GT, if the docs fit a half size loose I'd get the 11 GT

Thanks for the info. My only frame of reference for boots are my Docs and Chippewa work boots (that are so heavy I think I got shin splints from just walking in them). I think I'll get the 11.5 since my Docs are pretty perfect. Thanks again. If you're ever in NY, you should stop by 99x, nothing but Fred Perry, Docs, and Templars shirts.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
right on...I've seen 99x webstore before and they had some good gear.

Carl from the Templars also puts out some crazy looking G9 harrington jackets in camo print...I love that band, one of my faves....tho the last time they were in town a few years ago I ended up getting sucker punched from someone who recognized me that I would have preferred not, esp since the gig was put on by his crew! D'oh..haha!!

butchhuskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
right on...I've seen 99x webstore before and they had some good gear.

Carl from the Templars also puts out some crazy looking G9 harrington jackets in camo print...I love that band, one of my faves....tho the last time they were in town a few years ago I ended up getting sucker punched from someone who recognized me that I would have preferred not, esp since the gig was put on by his crew! D'oh..haha!!

HA. Yeah, unfortunately skin shows can sometimes get a bit rowdy
boxing[1].gif
Definitely a great band though, and there aren't many skin bands around anymore. I went to see them a few months ago and I'd realized I hadn't been to that kind of show in years. However, I'll leave that to another forum. Back to your regularly scheduled programming of skinny jeans and cardigans. Thanks again for the advice on the boots.

LooseChange

Reaction score
Woah, I just received a pair of Red Wing chukkas, and I've got to say I effin LOVE them. And for the sizing, they are just darn perfect. I usually wear a 9.5 E or EE, or size up to a 10 in other shoes, but I got a 9.5 D for the Red Wings. And they fit just right, especially since they run a little wider than other shoes.

I think I want another pair... ahhh, I need to find a job now, darn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads