• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for an affordable suit?

Alozano

Reaction score
I was interested in getting a really nice suit, something nice and fitted and classy looking. But I didn't want to spend thousands of dollars trying to get a Tom Ford(either from the site directly or second hand), or trying to spend that much getting one custom made. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice suit that is sort of a middle ground? Something that is more affordable and not incredibly expensive, but also not some trash low quality thing either? If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

notdos

Reaction score
Kind of a broad question, so with no other info to go on, try SuitSupply or Spier and McKay.
Both make a reasonable quality otr suit and can do mtm if needed. 👍

Phillip

Bankers_Stripes

Reaction score
Suit supply is probably what you are looking for.

I don't own anything from them, but a lot of members here recommend them as a starter suit, so I imagine they are decent.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe if you go to a suit supply store they can do a custom MTM suit for you. Not true bespoke, of course, but still customized to your liking.

Since you mentioned Tom Ford, if the classic wide peak lapel with a ticket pocket Tom Ford look is what you are going for (like their Shelton or Windsor cuts), Suit Supply should be able to do that for you.

As someone who owns many Tom Ford suits, I've seen Suit Supply suits in the style of Tom Ford with wide peak lapels and a ticket pocket, and unless you showed me the label inside, I would have assumed it was TF.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kritiwrawat