• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden
There is a little more info here if you're interested.

that's pretty neat how you make them the foot imprint.

also those Brandos look really good with that commando sole you put on. nice!

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSCF9484.jpg
Henley via Gary Drinkwaters
DSCF9486.jpg
Shawl Collar Cardi via MAC in SF
DSCF9485.jpg
Double Ring Belt via Odin, East Village

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
How much did that shawl thing run? And does anyone stock it online?
The shawl collar cardi ran me about $100 or a little less. Unfortunately no online stockists, but MAC in SF does phone orders. If you want a similar shawl collar l/s shirt, you could also contact Gary Drinkwater's for the one on the right.
DSC01050.jpg

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
engineered garments stuff
Man I love that fabric, theres just something about it that makes me want a shirt in it so bad. Buuuut for now I'm poor so it's actual workwear/americana for me instead of well made engineered garments workwear/americana. I just nabbed this vintage banana republic (i believe from before they were a cruddy 'high end' mall brand) vest: Will probably put either a nalgene or a little furry animal in the backpack part...

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shawl collar cardi ran me about $100 or a little less. Unfortunately no online stockists, but MAC in SF does phone orders. If you want a similar shawl collar l/s shirt, you could also contact Gary Drinkwater's for the one on the right.
^ I don't think Gary ended up ordering the shawl collar pullover, or at least didn't have it back in Feb/Mar.

Ian also ordered the blue/gray stripe cardigans, but I have not seen them at their downtown location since when they first got them, so I assume they were sent to their Fremont store. They also do phone orders.

David, how's the belt? Does the fabric stay tightened in the d-rings well?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Will probably put either a nalgene or a little furry animal in the backpack part...
Yes to the furry animal. As long as it goes along with your outfit-- like a plushy pocket square.

In other news, my Nicholas K Bryce Hoodie just came in the mail today, and the fabric is pretty awesome. Ridiculously slubby merino wool that's sorta stretchy. I have yet to field test it, though, so no word on how warm it actually is.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
^ I don't think Gary ended up ordering the shawl collar pullover, or at least didn't have it back in Feb/Mar.
Now that I think of it, I don't remember seeing the shawl collar pullover in the Drinkwaters display pic you posted in the EG thread.
Ian also ordered the blue/gray stripe cardigans, but I have not seen them at their downtown location since when they first got them, so I assume they were sent to their Fremont store. They also do phone orders.
MAC sold out of their first shipment of the cardis. I got mine on the second shipment. So I wouldn't be surprised if Ian's sold out of it early in the season too.
David, how's the belt? Does the fabric stay tightened in the d-rings well?
The belt's has got some extra material in the inside around the area of the belt that's in the rings (making it thicker), so it does stay pretty tight, but a little stiff. Once it's broken in it'll be pretty nice and seems like it should stay tight too.

selbsttatig

Reaction score
I just ordered a really cheap trench from YesStyle. The quality is going to be pretty shoddy I think but for the price I don't really care.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by naaaaate
Man I love that fabric, theres just something about it that makes me want a shirt in it so bad.

Buuuut for now I'm poor so it's actual workwear/americana for me instead of well made engineered garments workwear/americana. I just nabbed this vintage banana republic (i believe from before they were a cruddy 'high end' mall brand) vest:

Will probably put either a nalgene or a little furry animal in the backpack part...

really cool find. Ebay? How much did it go for if you dont mind me asking?

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
really cool find. Ebay? How much did it go for if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks! I dig your style a bunch so that's cool you like it. Yeah ebay, it ended at $33, probably more than I should have dropped on something but I really wanted a cargo vest. I guess Banana Republic used to be a safari outdoors type place prior to being bought by the Gap and clothing from their safari-era is pretty well made (or so the ask andy thread I found from googling "banana republic safari" told me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads