• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seems like everyone in australia is doing that gothninja thing actually. isn't CoN from australia?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
seems like everyone in australia is doing that gothninja thing actually.
Razele should know . . . ?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just in wellington and everyone was p. normal, so it isn't crossing over that way

coldforge

Reaction score
From the OC sale:
pop_21939_5-stripedshirt.jpg
pop_24378_5-dots.jpg
Not much more to be said. Somebody point me to some good vests, though. I need to work on my japanese grandpa steeze.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Razele should know . . . ?
Yeah ****** hipster ninja is everywhere, Chronicles is the worst, it's horrible. Heaps of destroyed rick t rip offs for 200 AUD everywher it's crazy That guy is from Perth which is hot, dry and really white. The store that's thier stocks Rick, Guidi, Julius, M.A+ and some others, kinda weird but they have been around for awhile and have multiple stores, must do alright. Alot of places cater to the Japanese / Chinese / Korean rich student population as I see that ish and generic Lanvin / Dior / KVA fits occasionally. No one wears Jil / Schneider / Ervell / Raf / Margiela though, so I'm all good.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
seems like everyone in australia is doing that gothninja thing actually. isn't CoN from australia?
yah, I've seen a lot of aussies on SZ, plus they have about the same number of stores as they do in the US for this style.
Originally Posted by Razele
Yeah ****** hipster ninja is everywhere, Chronicles is the worst, it's horrible. Heaps of destroyed rick t rip offs for 200 AUD everywher it's crazy That guy is from Perth which is hot, dry and really white. The store that's thier stocks Rick, Guidi, Julius, M.A+ and some others, kinda weird but they have been around for awhile and have multiple stores, must do alright. Alot of places cater to the Japanese / Chinese / Korean rich student population as I see that ish and generic Lanvin / Dior / KVA fits occasionally. No one wears Jil / Schneider / Ervell / Raf / Margiela though, so I'm all good.
Australia sounds awesome

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^What is it? I've been using ****** $5 wallets for forever, might be time for a change.

stever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Australia sounds awesome

it's been hotter than **** for months, i've been sweatin like a ****** wearing yakka and stubbies, dunno how anyone's pulling off leather in this ****

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you have to teach us how to get the display stuff for that much less

Looks like a good buy. I also recently kopped a wallet after completely trashing my 10+ year old one, and was first looking at designer stuff cause I didn't know where to start but never found anything appropriate, and almost everything I found was too bulky, too expensive or zipper. Ended up going with a brand called Cypris, sold at Isetan etc- good size, soft leather and coin pouch (which was something I was looking for as well), apparently handmade in Japan. Not a bad deal, I'm quite pleased with it.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heh, this was just a lucky find on yahoo http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c284112137 went through every damn wallet at isetan, this was the only one I found that I liked. Very specifically wanted one with a snap but no zip, change pouch, not too bulky, but big enough to hold more cards. Was gonna go down there next week and buy it, but found it on yahoo.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
needed a new hat for the spring. My Guy Harvey velcro-back is gettin' a little sun-bleached
eh.gif

got it in pearl grey, right now just selling via a few retailers in NY, I believe. The fit looks good on the person(s) in pic #2, imo. Not a huge fan of the choo-choo-conductor-cap. but again, the fit...

guy on stage left is wearing it in a chambray type red - really nice. Saw a pic but couldn't find it online.

S11_HATTAN_PEARLGREYSOLID_GREY_LARGE_THUMB.jpg

art-gallery4.jpg

Designers Ian Velardi (left) and Aaron Levine, behind the new line of hand sewn, 1940s style baseball caps, selling at Bergdorf Goodman this fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads