• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Wait, I'm a dummy. I've got the Cyril Aviator, not the Jonas Coat. The latter is actually my favorite piece of Krane outerwear, but I could never find it in my size at a good price. This past season's version had the added bells and whistles (and length), which I wasn't feeling.

I'd actually prefer the chambray lining, though. The military blanket concept is unique and it's warm, but I found I need to either be wearing a thick shirt or at least two thin layers, otherwise the coarse lining grates against the skin.

The 2010 Jonas wasn't that great. It had a shearling collar and epaulets, so I didn't like it that much. I lucked out getting a 2009 one with chambray lining for relatively cheap ($425 shipped). When I had the Mathias the blanket lining was kind of annoying too, but the novelty of it was pretty damn cool. I actually really like the Cyril as well, and it was one of the jackets I was looking for but the Jonas popped up and that was my #1 choice. Excited to have exactly what I want in the Jonas though.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Uniqlo flannel shirts, $10 each. Never seen them this cheap.

People knock the declining quality of Uniqlo, but their flannels still feel as good or better than anything close to that price bracket.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Paul Smith suit. I haz it.
pdxl-9337-r06-s-outfit-70602.jpg
And for the hell of it...
pdxl-256f-s78-m-detailb-68423.jpg

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
People knock the declining quality of Uniqlo, but their flannels still feel as good or better than anything close to that price bracket.
To be fair, there isn't much at the $10 bracket.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
what olympus is that ?i like the zuiko lenses have a few MF ones

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
To be fair, there isn't much at the $10 bracket.

Poor wording on my part. I meant Uniqlo's regular pricing on their flannels ($25 - $30).

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
what olympus is that ?i like the zuiko lenses have a few MF ones
it's actually a digital micro 4/3. the olympus pen e-p1, which is pretty cheap now. it has a leatherette covering on it, which makes it look a bit better, imo

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
ya i figured it was a micro4/3 just wasn't sure it was ep1. how's the evf on it ? from what i've read it's a bit underwhelming which is only thing holding me back...i like that lens on it though, and there is an adaptor so i can throw on my other MF zuikos

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing that camo shirt for a while.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
New Paul Smith suit. I haz it.

pdxl-9337-r06-s-outfit-70602.jpg

Was just checking out those suits the other day. I like the colour but I'm not sure I like how it looks on the models I've seen wearing them. How does it fit?

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

UserName84

Reaction score
a2e61e89.jpg
MMM Black Lows / CP Gum Soles
4fd5e78a.jpg
Jil skirt for the GF (Looks lighter in the picture, is much darker IRL)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads