• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
roof deck a few doors down had a fire recently, loads of fire engines. i called up to the neighbours upstairs and we went on their roof deck to check out the action.
they have a propane BBQ up there. fireman leaned over to us and said the fire marshal would be coming during the week, BBQ can stay but get rid of the tank, otherwise would get a fine. so they don't seem too concerned about them.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
There's a lot of tension going on beween cyclists and pedestrians right now. Both groups need to realize that they both suck.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@ sb

Decided to sell the Canadian cabin so we've been shopping every weekend. The Delaware cabin is a no go due to the tracks. Am circling a fly fishing cabin higher up in the mountains.

lefty

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
went apple picking in Westchester yesterday. It's a lovely area, and I had a lot of fun. Put on 90's rock on the radio and the hour car ride went by fast. Stopped by Stone Barns afterwords and picked up a chicken (whose leg was promptly eaten by the dog as I stepped out for wine), veggies, and a few dozen eggs. Also, got a **** load of apples.

was joined by a SF member who kept on swinging his bag of apples between his legs, and who kept on making up songs about apple picking to the tune of 3rd Eye Blind, which was the last song that came on as we pulled in.
15322165705_c49969e438_c.jpg

makeshift picnic
15139850020_9253b22b29_c.jpg

15135619997_a462ce0ab9_c.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
At first I was all, "OMG! BOOTH WAS NOT IN A SUIT!" and then I realized that's probably not pB.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't you like....read the newspaper...or use the er....internet.
Everyone knew the march was happening.....
Except you...

I'm guilty of this. I'm the kind of person that's surprised by a Memorial Day parade....on Memorial Day.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
why are people protesting climate change down on Wall Street? Do they think Deutche Bank is going to be like "those underemployed youths protesting near us have a point, lets get on this." Why not a Con Ed building? Or, you know, a government building.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

went apple picking in Westchester yesterday. It's a lovely area, and I had a lot of fun. Put on 90's rock on the radio and the hour car ride went by fast. Stopped by Stone Barns afterwords and picked up a chicken (whose leg was promptly eaten by the dog as I stepped out for wine), veggies, and a few dozen eggs. Also, got a **** load of apples.

was joined by a SF member who kept on swinging his bag of apples between his legs, and who kept on making up songs about apple picking to the tune of 3rd Eye Blind, which was the last song that came on as we pulled in.
15322165705_c49969e438_c.jpg

makeshift picnic
15139850020_9253b22b29_c.jpg

15135619997_a462ce0ab9_c.jpg

Where are your kids?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

why are people protesting climate change down on Wall Street? Do they think Deutche Bank is going to be like "those underemployed youths protesting near us have a point, lets get on this." Why not a Con Ed building? Or, you know, a government building.

Cause they think that "Wall Street" is the main culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads