1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

sounds like its not going tolast, so enjoy while it does : )

2. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Well-Known Member

This.

3. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Apparently the phlebotomist fucked up my blood sample somehow, though I think it's partially my fault cause she was cute as hell and I kept chatting her up. So I have to go in and give blood again (wtf?)

Though, to be honest I wanted it done strictly out of curiousity. I know my levels are good, if not above average, due to the fact that A) I don't seem to have any difficulties building muscle and strength b) I sweat like a pig during my workouts, and lot's of other times too c) what I think is the most telling fact is that my sex drive is out of control.... like crazy.

4. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Most obvious answer, but maybe it's just me being beta, she's a genuinely nice chick, just extremely fucked in the head, and i'd rather not hurt her just for my pleasure. I'm justifying it with the notion that she must be enjoying herself too, so I guess i'll stick with that line of reasoning.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

Worry about that when it comes to it. Just enjoy the ride.

She's a grown ass woman she can do what she wants. It's not your job to make that call for her.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  6. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

My doctor asked my why I wanted testerone tests done and I didn't know what to say. Don't I need to get free testosterone levels checked or something?

7. Crat

Crat Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you should deliberately hurt her or be a dick. Just go with it. Should it become too much or go 'tits up'...c'est la vie. You never know how this kinda shit works out tho.

8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Honestly, she probably knows whats up. She's old enough to make her own decisions and probably just trying to enjoy it while it lasts too. Ride it out.

privatemdlabs.com No questions asked. Free is the important one yes, but you could start by getting female hormone panel for $50 to see total to get a general idea and then go.from there (what I did).

9. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Is there a good reason why I should do the hormone panel?

10. mrchariybrown

If you're serious about making changes, it's good to know where you are in standing with your test, estrogen, and thyroid function.

11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

There's no thyroid on that female panel FYI, or lipids. It's pretty limited. Male panel has a lot but like $100 more, so going through a doc to get insurance to cover it isn't a bad idea. Just tell your doc you were taking test and want to make sure your pct worked... if youre comfortable with that. He shouldn't jave an excuse not to run your blood after that.

12. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

I simply went to my doctor, told him i've been working out and wanted to know these things to aid myself in the quest of getting huge. He was all about it, he's also been my family doc for years and I have really good insurance due to my mom being a nurse, so things may differ.

13. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Insurance is funny. For my last test, it showed that the clinic billed like $800 for my bloodwork, of which my insurance ended up paying 60 (and I dont owe anything). Does make me feel bad for those without insurance though, would really get screwed by that.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Which of these would tell me my test, est, and thyroid levels?

According to the TSH result, it is 1.58 out of 5.50. I guess that is good?

[​IMG]

15. mrchariybrown

None of those would tell you your test (total or free), estrogen (or E2 - estradiol), nor would it provide a full thyroid panel.

16. mrchariybrown

1 person likes this.
  17. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I guess it was my mistake as I was not sure what to ask for. Another trip to the doctor.. Any primary care provider can perform those tests, right? I hope Kaiser is not as big of a fuck up as my colleague makes it out to be.

edit: I just looked at those links, I am assuming my insurance covers for the costs. I must get this done before next Feb :eek:

18. mrchariybrown

Any doctor can get those tests done. They draw your blood and sends it to whatever lab they use.

Going through the links is skipping the middleman (your doctor).

Your insurance should cover blood tests through your doctor but not through that site.

19. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

1.58 is normal for TSH

20. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So Wolverine actually lifts.