• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah, post one up. im curious.
With everyone I have seen post-back injury, I was told to stay neutral and any sort of movement in the low back is not good.

I was taught to push my hips through the motion, like a bow and arrow. I need to watch my lower back now, I'm so focused on my shoulders and staying externally rotated. Need to find a way to charge my GFs camera, video on iphone blows.

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
push hips through? hmmm?

My one dude who trained in the Georgian National Weightlifting hall was taught to keep a stiff midsection by pushing abs/bracing abs and squeezing glute.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mostly push through with ****** while keeping the midsection and back tight. Seems like the same idea

bah i think i would quit lifting all together if i injured my lower body too, sometimes i worry about that. Will just turn into a cardio bunny at that point

Last edited:

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can hang around the treadmill and talk internal rotation

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was taught to push my hips through the motion, like a bow and arrow. I need to watch my lower back now, I'm so focused on my shoulders and staying externally rotated. Need to find a way to charge my GFs camera, video on iphone blows.

How the **** do your shoulders get internally rotated on a squat? Moreover, why does it even matter?

Last edited:

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
moreover why in the **** do you think we are talking about squatting

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol. the only one who says internally rotated more than me is the 70s big dude.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, was open to the idea of having a legit trainer watching my movements for a bit.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PRing chin ups erryday. 26.25kg for 10x3. 2 plate......soon. Also I saw someone get hit by a car today and it traumatized me.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has carb-nite or is planning on purchasing it I will trade the Carb Back Load PDF

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Competitive rock climber, the last thing I wanna do is bulk.  Maybe its the nature of SS very little gym time, very lifting until failure for reps that is making this not work.

plus I feel ****** all the time, gaseous and my poop is not of a consistency to my liking, I need my healthy carbs and fiber back. Might be tmi but this is a health thread.

A couple of things.

Firstly, CBL and the Reddit diet requires your muscles get well taxed to enable the insulin independent transportation of glucose, so if you aren't lifting enough to illicit that effect because you are avoiding bulking than I would not overgorge CBL style. Secondly, the failing I saw with CBL is that it is not a "total caloric intake" based text at all. If you exceed your body's ability to utilize the carbs post work out and late evening than it is going to be fat. Dial it back if you are getting fat. Thirdly, you really don't have to eat complete and utter **** on CBL. The Reddit version isn't nearly as extreme as the CBL.pdf and it is no surprise it isn't - it's free. The extremes always get hyped by pay-texts and secret guru ****.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep absolutely right. It's amazing how many people can't asses themselves though. Like of you are looking fat drop the a
Amount of calories you are back loading.. Simple as that but people want strict instructions they have completely lost the ability to do that. Also buy my elephants they would fit you and bro deal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads