• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He just mad he's been lifting for 4 years, using **** loads of supps and doesn't even lift/' lifts 40kg on a trap bar.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And of course, the only guy in that article that can confirm that protein shakes had a negative effect on him, took 7 of them every day.

Actually, he took 7 supplements every day, not protein shakes. From his symptoms it sounds like it was some kind of stimulant. Probably EC or a fat burner that has mad stims in it.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone try massage envy? I signed up for a 6 month membership, def the cheapest way I could get 3 deep tissue massages a month.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have $100 in groupon after a maid service flaked out on me.

I'm sick of stuff that doesn't work out, so i got this instead (from omaha steaks):

$99 for the Grill Masters Assortment with standard shipping (a $283.99 value). Serves 42–46:

Two 5-ounce filet mignons
Two 5-ounce top sirloins
Two 8-ounce boneless strips
Eight 4-ounce Omaha Steaks burgers
Eight 4-ounce bratwurst
Eight 3-ounce Polish sausage
Eight 3-ounce gourmet jumbo franks
Eight boneless chicken breasts (a 2-pound package)

Here's the deal:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/dc-tgt-gg-cd-omaha-steaks-nat?c=all&p=2

Last edited:

Nikolo

Reaction score
So glad I spent the $80 on the rehband knee sleeves. Def worth the price and no more knee pains from squatting.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No more knee pain, great!

I doubt the lack of knee sleeves was the issue, though.

Nikolo

Reaction score
On a side note, got my bench to 245lbs (1 rep) after 3 sets of 215. Will try to get 245lbs for two sets of 6 reps next time. Best bench was 275 for 1 rep. Still a weakling though (6'2"-3" at 205 lbs :()

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So glad I spent the $80 on the rehband knee sleeves. Def worth the price and no more knee pains from squatting.

Seeing them in person has made me decide to get them. Have **** no brand neoprene ones right now, assumed rehbands were the same, but they're about 5 times as thick.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My knees sweat about 2mins after putting on the rehbands.
Put some blue heat on before you put the sleeves on for extra fun.

Nikolo

Reaction score

No more knee pain, great!
I doubt the lack of knee sleeves was the issue, though.

You are prob right. I have **** hip mobility, so when I go down to parallel my knees kind on come a bit forward of my toes. But the warming effect of the knees certainly helps with a lot fo the torquing.

Will try the blue heat stuff for sure.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a side note, got my bench to 245lbs (1 rep) after 3 sets of 215. Will try to get 245lbs for two sets of 6 reps next time. Best bench was 275 for 1 rep. Still a weakling though (6'2"-3" at 205 lbs :()

Great job, amigo! Most guys struggle to bench their body weight even, so you're ahead of the game. Keep it up, though!

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started a mini bulk to try and tack on 5-10 more pounds (was at 175 now). Felt like at ~6 feet, frame would look better with a bit more on it. Ate everything in sight over a two week period and made it up to 180. Maybe just coincidence but seeing some strength gains as well. Going to try and add a few more pounds than maintain at that weight, hopefully with some recomp.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Started a mini bulk to try and tack on 5-10 more pounds (was at 175 now). Felt like at ~6 feet, frame would look better with a bit more on it. Ate everything in sight over a two week period and made it up to 180. Maybe just coincidence but seeing some strength gains as well. Going to try and add a few more pounds than maintain at that weight, hopefully with some recomp.

Getting stronger after putting on 5-10lb is probably not a coincidence....

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Want a new pair of jawns. Not feeling out short the rise on my wierd guys are. any suggestions from fellow jacked bros?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't trained pressing movement in nearly 2 weeks because of poverty gym with 50lb dumbbells. Decided to super set overhead press, flat press and floor press with 50lb dumbbels each for 20 reps. Dat pump man, feels good (yes aware it won't do anything, but i was bored and its all i could do, maybe it'll strengthen tendons or something). Might start doing dumbbell floor presses heavy when i get home. Well not heavy, but sets of like 8-10. Feels better then close grip bench press to me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads