• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

nice ^ . I was in Colorado last weekend and went to an event where dudes were wearing non-ironic bolo ties and cowboy boots. Not something I see every day, it was pretty cool.

Non-ironic always makes it better.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went to a rodeo (my first!) in Jackson, WY. Everyone wore blue jeans with cowboy boots and it was really, really cool. Oh, and the rodeo was awesome. People out here have been really, really nice to this unshaven, kinda smelly, backpacking/road tripping student of the West.

aw **** homie are you/when will you be/how long will you be/have you already been in Boulder?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that part of your culture is so cool.

Eh, not so much. While oft mythologized and used to market much-loved SF brands such as RRL, it's an element of society that is often consumed in intolerance, racism is particular. There's also the part where a rope is tied to the balls of horses and bulls, putting them in excruciating pain, for the purpose of sport.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone in the boston area know of any cool thrit/consignment shops?

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aw **** homie are you/when will you be/how long will you be/have you already been in Boulder?

Just spent last night at a mutual friend's sister's place in Ft. Collins, so I'll be hiking and camping in the Rockies today and tomorrow. Gonna pop in to Boulder all day on Monday; looking forward to checking out your Boulder recommendations!

(Oh, and then I fly out of Denver on Tuesday.)

Last edited:

dishy

Reaction score
does anyone in the boston area know of any cool thrit/consignment shops?
My friend lives in Boston and she said this:

Some decent thrift/consignment stores in Boston

Second Time Around- most of the locations are pretty bad, though one of the ones on newbury is decent.

The Closet- also on newbury st, probably one of the better ones. Clothing gets marked down depending on how long it has been in the store.

Rescue- Know the value of what they're selling for the most part, which means both a better and more expensive selection. They were having a half off sale last time I was there, so that made for some more reasonable prices.

Buffalo exchange- the one in somerville is better than the one in allston, but they're still pretty bad either way. every once in a while you can find a gem, but they don't have very good buyers.

Goodwill- the one in davis has some good stuff on occasion but don't count on walking out with anything

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dressing biz cas 5 days a week is really...

cramping my style

:rimshot:

but seriously it has kind of crushed my interest in cool clothes -- what's the point if I can only wear them 2 days a week?

guess i need cooler biz cas clothes, but meh

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My friend lives in Boston and she said this:

Some decent thrift/consignment stores in Boston

Second Time Around- most of the locations are pretty bad, though one of the ones on newbury is decent. 

The Closet- also on newbury st, probably one of the better ones. Clothing gets marked down depending on how long it has been in the store.

Rescue- Know the value of what they're selling for the most part, which means both a better and more expensive selection. They were having a half off sale last time I was there, so that made for some more reasonable prices. 

Buffalo exchange- the one in somerville is better than the one in allston, but they're still pretty bad either way. every once in a while you can find a gem, but they don't have very good buyers.

Goodwill- the one in davis has some good stuff on occasion but don't count on walking out with anything

Rescue is closed now, i was just there. Kinda sad ;(

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dressing biz cas 5 days a week is really...

cramping my style

:rimshot:

but seriously it has kind of crushed my interest in cool clothes -- what's the point if I can only wear them 2 days a week?

guess i need cooler biz cas clothes, but meh

I care less and less about clothes the more biz caz I have to wear. Only a few more weeks until I'm back in school!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads