• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Re: Buzz Bissinger: what a sad way to spend 500k. One would think Hermes, with its croc coats and riding crops, would be more fetish-appropriate.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aesop is good. I've used weleda sage before and it was irreplaceable during my back packing trips through Europe. Relatively inexpensive too.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried sage too, but just loved the smell of rose more

Sage was great though,. Certainly more traditionally masculine.

feel like I'm trying to go in too many directions with my wardrobe

want to consolidate and hone in on an aesthetic more but I like all of my disparate ****

got a case of the #reedos

This problem solved itself now that I pretty much have to wear slacks + shirt + tie

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
The Aesop spray was a hassle for me sometimes I sprayed twice thinking I missed a spot....and the smell does not mix in well with the Florida heat and sweat, after the gym my odor was like a combo of sweat and cheap cologne, MissDB9 couldn't stand it either so had to go back to rotation of Malin + Goetz Eucalyptus (this has a nice faint clean scent) and Mens Science, those I recommend to anyone

Last edited:

eternaldrake

Reaction score
oh man, i havent been here in quite a while, ever since i had to replace my car that got totaled. i thought i was free but i was checking the marketplace for some new sneakers and now i think im getting suuucked back iiiiiiiiiinnnn

whats the cool new sf uniform i can buy for internet approval

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Aesop spray was a hassle for me sometimes I sprayed twice thinking I missed a spot....and the smell does not mix in well with the Florida heat and sweat, after the gym my odor was like a combo of sweat and cheap cologne, MissDB9 couldn't stand it either so had to go back to rotation of Malin + Getz Eucalyptus (this has a nice faint clean scent) and Mens Science, those I recommend to anyone

Word to mens science, have never used a more efficient deodorant. i prefer that its unscented, just use my cologne.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
feel like I'm trying to go in too many directions with my wardrobe

want to consolidate and hone in on an aesthetic more but I like all of my disparate ****

got a case of the #reedos

You need to appreciate a aesthetic without buying into it. Oftentimes you need to force yourself to do so. I love Needles EG etc. and would probably look pretty okay if that's all I wore. But I've chosen my aesthetic (dumpster diving nomad spaceman apparently) so that's what I'm going to stick to, at least until something better shows up.. At some point you need to settle down and unless you have infinite guap and ungodly styling ability it's the only thing you can do.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re: Buzz Bissinger: what a sad way to spend 500k. One would think Hermes, with its croc coats and riding crops, would be more fetish-appropriate.

Not that his list isn't sad beyond all reason, but if he'd spent all that money at Hermes he would have ended up with a grand total of three or four exotic leather jackets jackets, one pair of leather pants, a 90K croc t-shirt, and a green breast wallet.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what those Gucci SAs really think about his "style." Probably just milking him for all the commission they can get. Cue Rick interview telling people to hit the gym.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not that his list isn't sad beyond all reason, but if he'd spent all that money at Hermes he would have ended up with a grand total of three or four exotic leather jackets jackets, one pair of leather pants, a 90K croc t-shirt, and a green breast wallet.

It's evergreen :foo:

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just realized :foo: is on his latest One-quest. If I was balling harder and worked somewhere it might actually matter, I would be inclined to pursue a similar quest (in this case the One-shirt). Seriously (0).

Last edited:

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You need to appreciate a aesthetic without buying into it. Oftentimes you need to force yourself to do so. I love Needles EG etc. and would probably look pretty okay if that's all I wore. But I've chosen my aesthetic (dumpster diving nomad spaceman apparently) so that's what I'm going to stick to, at least until something better shows up.. At some point you need to settle down and unless you have infinite guap and ungodly styling ability it's the only thing you can do.

I know, it's the choosing an aesthetic and sticking to it that I have trouble with. I've started in a lot of different directions and all of them appeal to me in one way or another, and as soon I've convinced myself that I've settled on doing a kinda tailored minimal Schneider/Geller kinda deal, I throw on my drop crotch and long layered tees and tanks and leather and chunky hi tops and I'm like, damn this is sick why would I ever want to get rid of this stuff. Or vice versa. Realistically, I probably look better in the Schneider/Geller type stuff, more everyday wearable stuff with nice design and details. Rick et al might be a bit too out there, but it's so damn cool. Plus my Rick shorts are the only good shorts that I have haha

I guess I'm also afraid of my wardrobe becoming "safe" and "boring" so I'm reluctant to get rid of my out-there stuff

words thoughts yo

ps someone buy my mollino and aid me in this quest

Last edited:

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spend less time on SF. Spend less money on clothes. Don't try to "hone in" on an aesthetic, just settle for one.
Or else accept that you're a fashion hobbyist and you're going to own a bunch of excess clothes because that's what you're in to.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know, it's the choosing an aesthetic and sticking to it that I have trouble with. I've started in a lot of different directions and all of them appeal to me in one way or another, and as soon I've convinced myself that I've settled on doing a kinda tailored minimal Schneider/Geller kinda deal, I throw on my drop crotch and long layered tees and tanks and leather and chunky hi tops and I'm like, damn this is sick why would I ever want to get rid of this stuff. Or vice versa. Realistically, I probably look better in the Schneider/Geller type stuff, more everyday wearable stuff with nice design and details. Rick et al might be a bit too out there, but it's so damn cool. Plus my Rick shorts are the only good shorts that I have haha

I guess I'm also afraid of my wardrobe becoming "safe" and "boring" so I'm reluctant to get rid of my out-there stuff

words thoughts yo

ps someone buy my mollino and aid me in this quest

Yo, what's wrong with wearing both styles? I don't think anyone is gonna be like "whoa dude, your brand synergy...it's all outta whack dude. Schneider one day and Owens the next?!"

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or: if you're just trying to get from A to B, that's not a hobby horse; that's just a regular horse.
If you're spending your time on style forum (with associated money-spending), your clothing has now become hobby-horsical, and it will take you to and fro and back and forth and in all manner of absurd curlicues, ranging far and wide from "choosing an aesthetic and sticking to it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads