• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm increasingly less able to drop serious coin on basic items (button-down shirts, basic trousers come to mind) when something like this:

is basically indistinguishable from a plaid shirt I'd get at a thrift shop.
And increasingly able to spend more on staples and unique items, even if I'm not able to wear them as frequently.
At least I know what I'm paying for when I check out the details and construction on something like this:

:embar:
Dude its my phone that sucks not the EG piece. I've been eyeing that jacket for a year and a half..

But yeah I realized that Brands like WvG and Epaulet provides shirts with great fit/material under 150 (heck even LEC sometimes has good shirts for 50>) So no more Sunny Sports and such for me

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
all baller all the time down to the socks money hoes and clothes that's all a niqqa knows

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

all baller all the time down to the socks money hoes and clothes that's all a niqqa knows

boxers too?

3594.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
nothing but the finest egyptian cotton cradling my dna generator dawg no boxers as outerwear here

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. Thanks, snowman! I find this...unduly exciting. :slayer:
Mat shoes are often split sole, the bottom made of two pads with no soling near the arch of the foot. If you can find the right fit, it feels like you're walking around in painted-on ninja wear. (And, of course, it improves athletic performance and reduces injury :laugh: ).
You can sort of see it here:
lZQU4.png

yeah i get it now. more of a split foot and not split toe (ie, margiela tabi shoes :slayer: )
I feel like so many dudes on here get talked into not liking their fits, most of them are totally fine. overcritical concept, if you like the way you look don't post it in waywt.

it should be a contribution to the forum. participation; good or bad
Thought about this Snow?

ive thought about a bomber, not that one in particular :eek:
I'm increasingly less able to drop serious coin on basic items (button-down shirts, basic trousers come to mind) when something like this:

is basically indistinguishable from a plaid shirt I'd get at a thrift shop.
And increasingly able to spend more on staples and unique items, even if I'm not able to wear them as frequently.
At least I know what I'm paying for when I check out the details and construction on something like this:

exactly!! came across a "joe fresh" mohair sweater last weekend while x-mas shopping and i couldnt drop the 59.99 on it :laugh:
it actually looked nice, and felt great. i had a white button up on so when i put it over it was reminiscent of the Undercoverism shot with the leather :slayer:
i put it on my x-mas list for someone else to kop ahaha
nothing but the finest egyptian cotton cradling my dna generator dawg no boxers as outerwear here

:laugh:
"let me get my cardigan"
- new girl

this was good

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I think a koplist is pretty masturbatory but I'm starting to think I may need to put (a short) one together just so I can get my priorities straight.
ffffuuuu.gif

I've only bought maybe 5-6 things in the past few months, and a list definitely made sure I spent my $ where it needed to be spent. Otherwise you end up buying things that you think look cool or that you might want to experiment with, because its on sale, when your money's going to go way further if you drop the dollars on something you'll wear four times a week.
It might be different for me, though. My closet is still pretty much barebones essentials.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

I think a koplist is pretty masturbatory but I'm starting to think I may need to put (a short) one together just so I can get my priorities straight. :fu:

let me take care of that for you:

BUY SLEEK ITALIAN OR ENGLISH LASTED SHOES

:(

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
also i dunno how you dudes thrift clothing. i go to a LOT of thrift stores but unfortunately because i'm not 5'7 and 300 lbs im always out of luck

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MJ was quite the dapper fella

but alas

everytime I see this I get very sad.
Welcome to our new edition of Guess the Designer !

now people can attempt the junya without going bankrupt! it is genius and made for Mikey! The old Shades stuff actually fit nice too but I haven't tried anything on in a few years.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dries shirt I got has such a bizarre cut. Shoulder seams hit right, but then the chest is H U G E. Looks like a poncho. It's like it was cut with extra fabric deliberately with the intention of the buyer having it tailored. Fabric is awesome though so rather than return it I am just gonna get it tailored. Shouldn't cost too much. I should send the leftovers to kgmessier so he can make a tiny shirt (if you haven't seen his second life of a jacket thread you should check it out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads