• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostface

Reaction score

funny you just mentioned that, as i was just browsing the site on a whim because the isaac reina rec got me curious.

www.patronofthenew.us

the last time i was in patron of the new, i tried to convince them to pick up frank leder, since his stuff seemed a natural extension of what they were carrying. instead, they picked up fear of god and hood by air... :confused:

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i wonder how their business is doing D: their buys are pretty lame tbh

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

the last time i was in patron of the new, i tried to convince them to pick up frank leder, since his stuff seemed a natural extension of what they were carrying. instead, they picked up fear of god and hood by air... :confused:

i wonder if herr frank would even sell to them...

Last edited:

ghostface

Reaction score
yeah, definitely not now. at the time, there were no leder stockists in nyc, and patron was carrying stuff like reinhard plank and denis colomb, plus some accessory makers using neat textiles.

but they're at a *very* expensive location (i'd guess ~$70k/month?), so they've become something more like patron of whatever sells

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, definitely not now. at the time, there were no leder stockists in nyc, and patron was carrying stuff like reinhard plank and denis colomb, plus some accessory makers using neat textiles.

but they're at a *very* expensive location (i'd guess ~$70k/month?), so they've become something more like patron of whatever sells
I would bet that they go the way of Atelier.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i dont understand fear of god, they are selling band t-shirts with an additional fear of god logo... wtf and they cost north of 100

zwyf

Reaction score
Is it acceptable if you are wearing a shirt unbuttoned for the t shirt and shirt to be of similar length, or should the t shirt always be shorter?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Remember Imitation of Christ? That was women's but a lot of what they sold was just vintage clothing with a new tag sewn in.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I *think* off white is all cut & sew now. I don't follow them so I don't know for sure but it's stocked by a few shops I like so I see it now and then. But yeah that Pyrex line was all repurposed Polo Rugby iirc

il_colonnello

Reaction score

I *think* off white is all cut & sew now. I don't follow them so I don't know for sure but it's stocked by a few shops I like so I see it now and then. But yeah that Pyrex line was all repurposed Polo Rugby iirc

Correct. Pyrex, Virgil Abloh's first venture into fashion, was repurposed Ralph Lauren rugby shirts that he famously bought for 40 USD and re-sold for >500. Off-White items on the other hand are all his own production.

He's getting a lot of flak - for all kinds of reasons - but I for one quite like a lot of it. Don't have anything yet, but can see myself getting into it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know of someone who requested (IRL) a replacement item be transferred in 14 times due to perceived imperfections. WTF? I know there's tons of people on the forums here who post all over various affiliate/brand threads and then never buy anything (or abuse return policies), but holy ****.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont really understand Off-White for that matter. Its literally taking thrifted Levi's jackets and painting them and putting on a new tag right? All the stuff is repurposed?
Jeffrey Lubells, (of True Religion notoriety) did this (repurposing Levis) with Jefri Jeans, in the late 90s, before they went under, which, in the long run, was a good thing for him. I remember them selling at the then still relevant Bloomingdales in the Beverly Center. They were pretty interesting - the shapes were fairly pedestrian, but he had the whol patchwork thing going on - so, a lot less Off White, and a lot more Kapital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads