• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avery

Reaction score
501ct fit is exactly what you're after but yeah the denim doesn't feel amazing

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda forgot about them but I recently bought a pair of ACNE rocs and they fit that description. They've got a longer rise than my APC PS and a bit more room in the thigh. They need to be tapered a bit but other than that they're perfect

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Looking for lightweight pre-washed blue jeans. Loose in the thigh, slightly elongated crotch, tapered, and cropped. Soft and comfy. Don't want heavy selvage stuff, but don't want H&M. What are my options? Thrift some 501's and be daring with a sewing machine?

I wear Our Legacy's First Cut, which kind of fits that description. Comes in all sorts of colors (including washed denim). Retails for $175-ish, but very easy to find for under $100.

Don't know if I would call the model an elongated crotch, but it has a higher rise than APC NS. Fuller in the thigh as well, and tapers to about a 7.25" opening on the size 30 model.

http://man.totokaelo.com/our-legacy/first-cut-jean/washed-blue/P181E5

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, guys - @dieworkwear I like those OL's. Hm. Maybe I'll start with the budget play and see if I can stitch (ha!) something together.

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut seems good but i think the way those ol's are faded is not great.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No 70's wash no care.

Also, someone posted a store's pre-order linesheet for the new Yeezy stuff. :lurk:

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Low blow, man.  Completely uncalled for.  Not cool.  I can take decent pictures, just not with my **** cellphone camera.

The question is why you still have a **** cellphone in 2016

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just catching up on some stuff in here. Saint Laurent was hilarious. It was Dynasty! If you don't remember Dynasty, check this out https://www.yahoo.com/style/big-shoulders-ahead-saint-laurent-194131819.html

Also, it wasn't couture. It wasn't exactly RTW, but label reps said it wasn't couture http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/0...e-rumors.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Last but not least, what did people think of Balenciaga? I was surprised to find that I thought it was awesome (after the opening set of looks with the awkward hips). It kept everything I like about Vetements, basically meaning the fun plays on construction, and ditched everything I hate about it, like the sullen hipster angst and the ridiculous proportions that still make me laugh when I see people wearing the stuff on the street. (Have now seen two bombers in the wild and both looked awful.) But Balenciaga was awesome. Hope he does mens too.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the light wash 501 CTs and the denim feels fine. Also got a black pair and that denim was noticeably shittier.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i did a stovetop dye job on a pair of jeans a few years ago, the near-boiling water seemed to soften them way, way up. and you could then throw them in the dryer with some tennis balls. so if you are inclined to go ham on an old pair of 501s, that stuff is worth a try.

mementomoriarty

Reaction score
Even so, let's do it. Want to host? Get at me, or at @StyleforumRobot .
I just want to say @thatoneguy was one of the best SF guest hosts of all time. He had fit pics, architecture, stores, detail shots, food, cdg guarachero boots, and kangaroos. What more could you ask for?

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone else noticed that every time someone asks for a pant recommendation, it always involves loose thighs, a semi drop crotch, and a strong taper

Takeaway: the market is not yet flooded. Launch your droopy pant startup ye stylefarmer, and make your millions. We are waiting with open legs

Already sorta working on it :/

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that every time someone asks for a pant recommendation, it always involves loose thighs, a semi drop crotch, and a strong taper

Takeaway: the market is not yet flooded. Launch your droopy pant startup ye stylefarmer, and make your millions. We are waiting with open legs

Seriously. There are almost no jeans that have room in the thighs and a strong taper.

I know Levi's models change between US and Europe, but there's a 520 Extreme Taper jeans over here. They're also a bit drop crotch. Not cropped, though.

Last edited:

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprised that the "strong taper" carrot fit is still going strong after all these years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads