• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OH sick, ill def hit up the our legacy sale .

just to be clear (was on my phone earlier), sale is/was today and tomorrow.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a gq readers wet dream come true. Everyone looked uncomfortable as **** in their clothes.

And how come city of gentleman guy wasn't invited?! Not stylecon without him.
Maybe we should play a game "Which is these guys is @jet ?"

I dunno. Trunk shows are fun, a bit raucous. Things like Pitti are like Vegas. Fun for about 48 hours, and then you are pretty spent. This "convention" looks like a support group. I've never seen a non-depressing support group. It doesn't help that they are in sterile, corporate space that is completely devoid of personality. And the choice of music and testimonials, especially the opener, were really poor if you want to market your event as something where much fun is to be had.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cc @Bam!ChairDance, @kindofyoung

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/shows-reviews/gallery/lucio-vanotti-mens-rtw-fall-10316110/

Lucio Vanotti FW16. Lots of good looks.

Last edited:

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is like the brand with the best fabric/construction?? brunello cucinelli? dior? rick owens??

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i couldn't make it through that video it was so lame

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fun to watch that video with the sound off. You can see in each and every guy's eyes that he is either a total douchebag or that he knows it's all bullshit.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cc @Bam!ChairDance, @kindofyoung

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/shows-reviews/gallery/lucio-vanotti-mens-rtw-fall-10316110/

Lucio Vanotti FW16. Lots of good looks.

So good, particularly those herringbone pants in the first pic you embedded. Have actually liked the idea of guys using belts like he does here before this so it's fun to see more examples of it.

I'll also take the fact that this guys hair is basically identical to mine as an endorsement from Lucio himself :)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New suede 5 zip is so nice. :fu:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what is like the brand with the best fabric/construction?? brunello cucinelli? dior? rick owens??

rick owens has absolutely garbage construction, their factories aren't great. dior is pretty nice in terms of well-known, mass-produced clothing, they seem to have nice production facilities

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most truly quality brands are boring as **** to wear

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

rick owens has absolutely garbage construction, their factories aren't great. dior is pretty nice in terms of well-known, mass-produced clothing, they seem to have nice production facilities

is thsi still true about rick? i remember reading this a few years ago, but i recently started buying his stuff and its all really really nice.. even the drkshdw line.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive never had any problems with Rick, but I have admittedly small experience. Most designer brands haven't been that bad, at least compared to old H&M stuff I used to have.

I don't like the way my Siki Im tee shrunk after 1 cold wash. I gave it to Good Will.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is thsi still true about rick? i remember reading this a few years ago, but i recently started buying his stuff and its all really really nice.. even the drkshdw line.

i'm being a being a bit hyperbolic here, but the construction/fabric does not reflect the high pricing. I can count the number of Rick stuff I own that hasn't required (sometimes quite serious) repair on one hand. At $2000-3000 for jackets coats, $700-1000 for pants, etc. it's just ridiculous, especially when compared to "artisanal" brands like Layer-0 and LUC or even other factory-produced brands like Attachment which are 1/3 to 1/2 the price.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DH is pretty consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads