• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a "help me kop this grail" thread?
There's the "someone should kop this" thread which is kind of like it but it's posting good finds rather than "if anybody see's this please let me know."

Would it be redundant to make a thread like that, the WTB listings rarely seem to get noticed/solved. Some designers don't really have dedicated threads to ask in, I also don't know how Fok would feel about a thread dedicated to listings that would likely be from other outlets (although that's largely what the "someone should kop thread" is).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Looks like a gq readers wet dream come true. Everyone looked uncomfortable as **** in their clothes.

And how come city of gentleman guy wasn't invited?! Not stylecon without him.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There's the "someone should kop this" thread which is kind of like it but it's posting good finds rather than "if anybody see's this please let me know."

Would it be redundant to make a thread like that, the WTB listings rarely seem to get noticed/solved. Some designers don't really have dedicated threads to ask in, I also don't know how Fok would feel about a thread dedicated to listings that would likely be from other outlets (although that's largely what the "someone should kop thread" is).

May get some traction, ain't a bad idea, not sure I'd subscribe.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, 90% chance it would be like the old "ask a question, get an answer" thread where everybody asked and nobody answered.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ManofKent

You seem to be a hat guy, so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as I'm a newbie to this type of cap.

I really like the look of this hat used in this Lemaire shoot. I'm not sure if it was ever produced by Lemaire or just used for the shot, but I would love to find something similar. Any ideas on where I could find something like this? Seems to be a flannel wool but not your typical paperboy style were the bill is attached to the cap.
I don't know whether that style has a particular name - it looks like a beret / cap. It may well be made for Lemaire (possibly by someone like Laulhere). You could try one of these: http://www.chapellerie-traclet.com/en/laulhere/6224-casquette-gavroche-gloria-.html

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as a white male let me just say that video is the whitest male thing ever

edit: hahahahaha holy **** the drum circle I thought y'all were joking

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't mind at all. Sorta fun to track stuff down.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to London this week, staying in whitechappel area. Where should I shop for some deals? I like the typical ****: ERVELL, Geller, uniqlo, cos, eg, Steven Alan, APC, and some random Japanese **** thrown on.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
probably no use to you but the our legacy sample sale runs sat and sun, just up the road off brick lane. prices are good (coats 120, trous 50) and tons of stock
apart from that, i dont know about deals, but def check out hostem which again is close by on redchurch street

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, I thought you were not coming back?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

probably no use to you but the our legacy sample sale runs sat and sun, just up the road off brick lane. prices are good (coats 120, trous 50) and tons of stock
apart from that, i dont know about deals, but def check out hostem which again is close by on redchurch street

OH sick, ill def hit up the our legacy sale .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics