• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody need 8 Astro bikers? Apparently "God" has been collecting.
https://www.grailed. com/listings/359508-helmut-lang-8x-astro-moto-jackets-parkas

He needs to wait until the release of "Lang and I," or for some ****** rapper to wear one of the parkas in their music videos in order to list them for that much.

Naka

Reaction score

EdwardB

Reaction score
He's just ahead of the game, Lang doco/biopic is coming.
Also,

0.jpg

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im thinking of getting a black cord flat cap. Havent worn flat caps for ten years, and tend to think they look really geeky on most (except @ManofKentand @canstyleace). But something calls me... Might be Anatomica´s instagram http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-833339859/anatomicasapporo/photos

Does it make sense, or is it a horrible Fedora Lounge idea?

Give it a go, although try to find one you can try on. I've ended up chucking out about 1 in 3 of caps I've bought on-line, as they don't look right.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I´ve tried the hat on, looked pretty good but I am afraid its somewhat overly archaic..

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
isnt paper mache super brittle? (meaning when you walk and the shoes crease, theyll crack? or just have flakes everywhere)

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't stop them from doing that Converse collaboration.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paper GATs were best GATs. I regret selling them every day.

Trit

Reaction score
I'm considering dropping down from a 600cc bike this spring since I never go fast anyway. Crazy that you can get an entry level 300cc bike for the same price as a high end suit or leather jacket. I'm all for the argument of paying for aesthetics, but this bike ALSO has a ton of thought and talent put into aesthetics.

No point to this, just a random fashion thought.

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ManofKent

You seem to be a hat guy, so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as I'm a newbie to this type of cap.

I really like the look of this hat used in this Lemaire shoot. I'm not sure if it was ever produced by Lemaire or just used for the shot, but I would love to find something similar. Any ideas on where I could find something like this? Seems to be a flannel wool but not your typical paperboy style were the bill is attached to the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads