• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

Kal Varnsen

Reaction score

jbie

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but I'm interviewing tomorrow for a retail position at a mid-sized luxury company in London tomorrow. I'm already acquainted with the manager, but it could be my first non-internship position. Any tips for the interview?

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but I'm interviewing tomorrow for a retail position at a mid-sized luxury company in London tomorrow. I'm already acquainted with the manager, but it could be my first non-internship position. Any tips for the interview?

be genuine, answer questions honestly, spend a bit of time doing research on the company (read their latest news etc.). i would also suggest coming prepared with a few questions (like 2 - 3 maybe) of your own either about the position or the company.

if it's your first non-internship position you won't (and they really shouldn't expect) that you have much experience so it'll be about how you come across and your attitude. if you can speak to how maybe your internship gave you some experience at the position your interviewing for, always a plus but don't worry if not. at that level there isn't much more to go on so small things, like reading up on the company or posing a question or two to your interviewer, that show a bit more effort and drive can help differentiate yourself.

oh, and since this is SF, dress well :) good luck!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

be confident in yourself and enjoy the experience .

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

show up with your mom and let her do the talking for you. interviewers love helicopter parenting.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kjb said, plus, just be yourself. Prepare to ask questions as well because you are also interviewing them to see if you want to work there. I had a high-level interview last week and the first question I asked was "what's your favorite thing about working here?" It took the committee of five people thirty minutes to answer this question and they were totally into it. Also, when talking about your experience, frame it in terms of skills you have and not jobs you've had, if that makes sense. They've seen your resumé and now they want to know what skills you have gained and not so much how many different jobs you've had. Frame everything in a positive tone. If you've only had an internship, talk about all of the great experience you gained from it. Good luck!!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more importantly, what will you wear?
My personal rule for interviews is to know what everyone else typically wears and dress slightly nicer than that.

Edit- Not joking, it shows that you can fit in and that you are taking the opportunity seriously.

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many pairs of sunglasses do you have in total?

Man at one point had to be over 300
But I’ve been trimming down for years now to my absolute favs and currently have about 15. Some JMM, some TF, and some Mykita x Margiela

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Oakley sunglasses, during the entirety of the interview indoors.

You show up in one of these and I’m hiring on the spot

IMG_3864.jpeg

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
I always thought it was a costume piece until recently haha

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K.Bratt