• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For JR soles it's $125 at B Nelson (although that may not be apples-to-apples for BG C&J since the soles are not oak bark).  

Actually I forgot to ask CJ how much it is to put on commando sole. I use shell cordovan as bad weather shoe...

kaizo

Reaction score
Hi everyone quick question I am thinking of getting a brown calf pair for my second pair of c and j. My question is:

Are the hand grade lasts asymmetrical? (my right foot is about 1/4 size bigger)

I have a low instep and a 'straight' feet (so not so curved inwards) which lasts would you reckon fits me? I will try them on but I just wanted some suggestions and experience so I have somewhere to start.

The 236 fits me fairly well but I still find the instep a tad tall.

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Last edited:

greasymonkey

Reaction score
Easter Sunday Norwich in action.

stgrim

Reaction score

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that C&J is one size less than US size.

For example, I wear US10D, and Crockett Jones fits me perfectly in UK9E.

partyof6

Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edit: Let's start talking C&J - Alden's got a nice thread, C&J owners should too! I'll start her off:
5474871651_4cca98bb24_z.jpg
Notreknip's Espresso Suede Hallam's.
ffffuuuu.gif
5475095231_a7a49c5f65_b.jpg
5475095345_82073ed5f9_b.jpg
5475095463_a0b33d07c4_b.jpg
5475694088_7f44c0204f_b.jpg
Anyone know whether this model is Connaught or Lonsdale? Looking hard for a dark brown suede straight tip cap toe and this pair in the photo looks beautiful.

Celadon

Reaction score
A little handgrade chestnut action today:

The medallion looks like a rather curvy woman in ancient Greek dress carrying an amphora of wine in each arm. (I imagine that it may be intended as a fleur-de-lis, but it doesn't quite have the right proportions.)

But why would that stop anybody from buying the shoes?

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first pair of leather sole boots, but I'm a bit concerned with some peeling occurring near the toe. The degree to which it occurs really varies. It kinda builds up and then I try to trim it off with my fingernails. I'm hoping it's because they're so new that eventually it'll wear down to the perfect amount where it won't occur anymore.

Very usual, and will soon be smooth. Understand your thoughts, but its just the angular part that is going through the normal process. Got years of wear, and no fears, Sir...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads