• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yes sir. Great boot. How did you size it? I ordered tts and its seems too big in the front. Btw, how do you wear them usually?

i went tts 11dUS so 10UK, they are roomy but great, i wear these for good occasions, i know normally the open laces and dainite is not classic style, but honestly i dont care and i can tie them so flaps arent seen and i had PPL complement me on them w/a suit or sports jacket

i work in a casual environment so i wear sw&d stuff for work

yep, only my third pair. If I buy another pair, feel free to smack me

i bought 3 pairs this season too but for sw&d, Buttero, Shoto and Varvatos, sadly shoto isnt working out

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are definitely wearable now with a thick sock but I have bad experience with creasing on oversized shoes. Its no wonder you love the Northcote, its really impressive.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They are definitely wearable now with a thick sock but I have bad experience with creasing on oversized shoes. Its no wonder you love the Northcote, its really impressive.

yea well i don't give them too much wear they are my go to dress boots :) and i can always get another from UK at a cheaper price than barneys

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yea well i don't give them too much wear they are my go to dress boots :) and i can always get another from UK at a cheaper price than barneys

I saw that on the northhampton webpage. I may just order from them. Were you able to find it cheaper elsewhere?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wow, am i seeing this right. That comes out to about $495. Same exact price as Barneys on discount shipped

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are now coated with Saphir Renovateur and resting for the night
cheers.gif

A couple more on the way so watch this space ...

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gerry,

The Weymouths look good!

Good call on the overnight conditioning. I always do two treatments before wearing.

I'll be interested to hear from you how that particular last (337) fits for you.

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Thank you! I'm really pleased with them. That's because these are the Weymouths. You're right about the Rosemoor, though. It definitely looks much lighter here.

Haha, that explans it! I like the Weymouths even more and this is a shoe that is on my "want to have list" but first in line is Lowndes. I just need to make up my mind about calf or suede... Suede is more relaxed but nothing beats the patina the calf gets...maybe both :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics