• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These shoes are on Alfred Sargent's last # 87. Take a look on the markings on the inside of the shoe. Right above where the shoe size is written should be the last # '87'. BBs shoes typically have the last # written on the markings on the inside of the shoe. You can identify whether it is an Alfred Sargent or C&J by this last number. This is a better way of distinguishing between BB shoe makers than the nail pattern on the heel i.e. single row for C&J versus double ow of nails for AS.
You are correct, although it has the exact same nail pattern, weird!

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nice i have those same ones, great boot great bang for buck

yes sir. Great boot. How did you size it? I ordered tts and its seems too big in the front. Btw, how do you wear them usually?

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes sir. Great boot. How did you size it? I ordered tts and its seems too big in the front. Btw, how do you wear them usually?

You sir, are starting to piss me off! Is there any end to how many great boots you can buy?

:cloud:

Sorry to hear it's roomy. Is that in width or toe length? Any chance of sizing down? That 348 is a sly last.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You sir, are starting to piss me off! Is there any end to how many great boots you can buy?
Sorry to hear it's roomy. Is that in width or toe length? Any chance of sizing down? That 348 is a sly last.

I thought I was a tts in the 348 but maybe I was thinking of the 337. 337 is narrower, no?

I know need to stop buying shoes, but I just couldnt pass these up for the price. This is only my 3rd black pair. And my last for a while

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No experience on the 337. Sorry.

I'm shocked that this is only the 3rd pair of black for you. I guess i don't despise you quite so much.

But those Wigmores are lurking around the corner.........................................................................

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yep, only my third pair. If I buy another pair, feel free to smack me

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

With a dress sock, they are slightly big both length and width. How sad, there was a size 11.5 available too but now its gone. Sigh, 12 is too big

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damnit.

The too long part is a no starter. A little bit of extra width can be dealt with. But length is just going be a trainwreck of creasing.

Best to part with 'em while they're still NIB.

Bites the big one.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are your size. I take a size 12D/11UK in the 341

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads