• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is the 336 last on the C&J anything like the 511 last of the AE Leeds?
I have a pair of the old old model Clifton on a narrower last and they hurt my feet overtime. Was just wondering if the 336 will be similar to which.
I take 8.5D and considering the 7.5E Audley as a new cap toe in my rotation (2 pairs for work)

Anyone?
Crockett & Jones Black Audley Oxfords same sizing as AE by chance? The "Clifton last" width is a tad small would it be safe to say the same for the Audley?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks gents for the kind words!
shog%5B1%5D.gif
 I'm currently contemplating getting a pair of Chepstows in tan scotch grain for more casual wear.. I have also considered Brecon's in dark brown country calf. Any thoughts/suggestions? 

Also, what is the difference between scotch grain and country calf?

the term

hanskl

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that Burton said when EG used these terms, one was a embossed sanded down cowhide, and the other was a full grain embossed calfskin. Do you know for sure this does not apply to the C&Js?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think I read somewhere that Burton said when EG used these terms, one was a embossed sanded down cowhide, and the other was a full grain embossed calfskin.
Do you know for sure this does not apply to the C&Js? 

no.

littlewing

Reaction score
My new CJ Connaught burnish chesnut :)

[ATTACHMENT=2879]image.jpeg (181k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

styless

Reaction score
Quote:
Careful. I have Clifton 7D, they are tight. I ordered C&J Audley in 5.5E (UK) after trying at C & J store. FWIW I was fitted for 6E in Hallam but it pinched while walking, so I switched to Audley.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Careful. I have Clifton 7D, they are tight. I ordered C&J Audley in 5.5E (UK) after trying at C & J store. FWIW I was fitted for 6E in Hallam but it pinched while walking, so I switched to Audley.

I assume you get your 5.5E from the England? For some reason the 337 on 6E feels roomy to me and thinking about trying a 5.5E to see if it may feel better. Never thought of going down in size that much since the 348 fits generally well after a few wears.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ ime, 7D US >> 5.5E UK 341/348...great fit

styless

Reaction score
I assume you get your 5.5E from the England? For some reason the 337 on 6E feels roomy to me and thinking about trying a 5.5E to see if it may feel better. Never thought of going down in size that much since the 348 fits generally well after a few wears.
You are correct, I get them from Pediwear. I would not have picked 5.5E myself. I was fitted for Audley at C & J store by the SA, the pair fit great. When I asked what size it was, she told me it was 5.5E. I was shocked at first but the shoes were very comfortable.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with 348 but not the 341; recommend sizing down just 1 size on the 341.

348 & 341 fits well -1. I've tried on the 337 in 5.5E in the store and it appeared to fit well. I've had a few 6E in the 337 and it is just a tad loose. Maybe I should just suck it up and try a 5.5E to see how it goes.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For Me, TTS 12D

337 last: 11UK
348: 10.5UK
341: 11UK
325: 10.5UK
314: 11UK
358: 11UK

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks all for being so helpful but I'm afraid I still don't get it ha :eek:

Appreciate it.

wesos

Reaction score
First time posting in this thread. This is my current C&J collection. Probably not what you would expect from a newbie
biggrin.gif

You'll have to excuse the the crappy resolution and the even crappier lightning conditions.

Lovely shoes all, particularly the Cottesmore.

May I ask whether these have been worn much? The creasing appears to be virtually imperceptible. I have had mine for a few months and they have pretty deep creasing, even using trees. Perhaps I got the wrong size...

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely shoes all, particularly the Cottesmore. 

May I ask whether these have been worn much?  The creasing appears to be virtually imperceptible.  I have had mine for a few months and they have pretty deep creasing, even using trees.  Perhaps I got the wrong size...

Those are all unworn. Could you post a picture of yours? I'm curious about how boots crease and havn't been able to find a picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads