1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Question on sargent fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Duveen, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Duveen

Duveen Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am ordering a pair of shoes for myself and one for a colleague from Pediwear. As I am a 13 US and they don't carry half sizes, I am going to try the Highgrove in a 12F UK and hope for the best.

My colleague, however, is a much easier-to-fit 10D US. He is piggybacking on my shoe obsession, but is concerned about getting the right size the first time. Carol at Pediwear recommended a 9.5F, but I have heard that for C&J non handgrade going down a full size is often a better idea. Given that the Sargents are F fitting, would a 9F be a better choice?

I'd particularly like to hear from Dr. Bresch, as the Wigmores are Premier line shoes, which seem to be almost all F-fitting.

Thanks.

2. brescd01

brescd01 Well-Known Member

All I can say is that the .5 size differential worked perfectly for every Sargent I ordered, which is 1 Premier, 1 Knightsbridge, 1 Classic, and 1 Country. And it worked across brands and countries: I take a 8.5 US in C&J loafer (the Cavendish, from Lanvin in NYC 10 years ago)) and Handgrade (the Seymour, from Barneys), and an 8.5 US in the Knightsbridge Yardley (from Brooks Brothers). I never worried about width because I am a D American, the standard I think. So I thought everything I ordered was E width, but I could be wrong. But I didn't think about it because there is only one width, excdept for the special line for wide feet.