• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pulled muscle in the foot? (foot pain please help)

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in agony today after a week of mild foot pain in my left foot that seems like SField's. I'm going to a doc tomorrow, but in the interest of self-diagnosis, this is plantar fasciitis? Sources seem to imply that's mostly heel pain, and my heel feels OK, it's the meat/fore part of my foot that's killing. It ached all night and today I'm limping comically.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's always plantar fascitis

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably have some of your foot joints jammed up. You need to get everything moving again. Try walking barefoot on uneven surfaces and moving your foot and ankle through their full ranges of motion. Also, try pulling / twisiting/ moving around your toes - I find that doing this can sometimes free up the joints in the balls of my feet, which can be helpful with foot pain. You will probably get more help from a good physiotherapist or athletic therapist, rather than a doctor. If you can find a good osteopath, that might be helpful as well.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
You probably have some of your foot joints jammed up. You need to get everything moving again. Try walking barefoot on uneven surfaces and moving your foot and ankle through their full ranges of motion. Also, try pulling / twisiting/ moving around your toes - I find that doing this can sometimes free up the joints in the balls of my feet, which can be helpful with foot pain. You will probably get more help from a good physiotherapist or athletic therapist, rather than a doctor. If you can find a good osteopath, that might be helpful as well.

Thanks for the advice. HMO=go see pcp first. I've tried some of the rom movements (learned in yoga class) and stuff, but I think if I tried to walk barefoot on an uneven surface right now I'd pass out.

wetnose

Reaction score
Take those flat shoes and throw them away. Get orthotic inserts custom made, they're worth every penny. I was suffering from the same pain as you're describing (basically had to hobble off the treadmill) but after wearing the orthotics for a few months, I'm good as new.

Fluffy 0123

Reaction score

I have a very painful right foot.

When I walk on the right side of the foot (the outside edge), it's ok. When I walk on the heel of it, it's ok. But when I walk normally, there's a pretty sharp pain in the meatier part in the middle of my sole, a few inches from heel. What is this? It feels like a strained muscle or something. It's not just regular sore feet from walking a lot. Any experience with this?
I have the same thing right now.Been having it for about 9 days. I was playing soccer and out of no where I stepped and I heard a snap. Haven't gone to get it checked cuzz I'm 18 and can't afford it any help?

Fluffy 0123

Reaction score

When I walk on the right side of the foot (the outside edge), it's ok. When I walk on the heel of it, it's ok. But when I walk normally, there's a pretty sharp pain in the meatier part in the middle of my sole, a few inches from heel. What is this? It feels like a strained muscle or something. It's not just regular sore feet from walking a lot. Any experience with this?
I have the same thing right now.Been having it for about 9 days. I was playing soccer and out of no where I stepped and I heard a snap. Haven't gone to get it checked cuzz I'm 18 and can't afford it any help?

Fluffy 0123

Reaction score

Toni Daugherty

Reaction score
Listen, I have the exact same thing in the exact same place. Went to doc - she said it's plantar faciitis - but she's dead WRONG! Now that I've done the research I realize it must be a tendon or muscle. Plantar faciitis is in the heel. Treatment is different so be careful. Also, don't do the barefoot stuff while you're injured. Heal first and it's great for building the feet up. I don't think injury should go barefoot although if you're like me - it feels best - at least walking around the house. I'm seeing an orthopedic March 1st (that's the soonest I can get in) and a physical therapist ASAP. What you describe is exactly how I would describe my right foot. It aches when sitting and sleeping too. Let me know if yours heels soon. I am a triathlete and tennis player and I'm taking 4 weeks off training because I also have a gluteal strain (not related). If it's a tendon or muscle 4 weeks should do it. Swimming only. Keep me posted.

DextersMorgan

Reaction score
Aside from being a medical issue I changed shoes and found out it was my redwing shoes killing my feet.
Went back wearing rockports and nike 360(airmax) and now my feet are ok.

belizblitz

Reaction score
Could it be a plantar fascia tear instead of plantar fasciitis?
Had all the symptoms you were facing..

Because I am having the same problem, the pain I get is in the arc of my foot (i have flat feet) and not on the heel. I have found that for me, the cause was actaully tight calves which i spastically ignored and keep on goin for intense exercise (interval training, sprints, etc) thinking that they would heal on their own. Now, its been almost 7 weeks out and i have healed only bout 70%. Foam rolling has worked wonders for me and has been the biggest part of helping me recover much. Of course I did other stuff like soaking in epsom salts, diligently doing calf exercises but still taking way too long to heal :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads