• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Wanted to let everyone know that the suggestions for new flannel styles have not fall on deaf ears! Today we launched eight brand new flannels that are incredibly soft to the touch. We tried to cover all bases from more subtle herringbone solids, to small checks, to larger plaids.

Brown and Red Tacoma Plaid Flannels, 40/1 x 40/1

Green and Red Mitchell Mini Gingham Flannels, 40/1 x 40/1

Green/Red and Yellow/Red Lewis Plaid Flannels, 32/1 x 32/1

Grey and Light Grey Herringbone Flannels, 32/1 x 32/1

Would love to hear what you guys think of these--if there's anything that hit the nail on the head or if you're still looking for something else.

Everything here starts at $95, you can find more details on the fabrics at http://propercloth.com/fabrics/
These are great. I like the mini gingham and Tacoma Plaids. How heavy are they? I think they are on the light side for flannel. Do you have something heavier?

ccallis

Reaction score

any pics/info on the sample sale? how will sizes work?

You can see more details on price, location, etc here: http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2014/09/proper-cloth-sample-sale-8/

We break up sizing generally by neck size, but you'll probably have to try things on to get a good idea of these fit. Tons of shirts, though!

These are great. I like the mini gingham and Tacoma Plaids. How heavy are they? I think they are on the light side for flannel. Do you have something heavier?

They're a little light, as far as flannels go. PCF596, the Whitney Charcoal Flannel, is definitely more of a heavy weight flannel. Will have plenty more flannel styles dropping over the next few months...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can see more details on price, location, etc here: http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2014/09/proper-cloth-sample-sale-8/

We break up sizing generally by neck size, but you'll probably have to try things on to get a good idea of these fit. Tons of shirts, though!
They're a little light, as far as flannels go. PCF596, the Whitney Charcoal Flannel, is definitely more of a heavy weight flannel. Will have plenty more flannel styles dropping over the next few months...

Well now you have me hesitating haha. I wanted to add 2-3 flannels to my collection and actually like 3 of the new ones, I might have to change my expectation and add 4-5 new flannels this fall once I see what else you guys are coming out with.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Well now you have me hesitating haha. I wanted to add 2-3 flannels to my collection and actually like 3 of the new ones, I might have to change my expectation and add 4-5 new flannels this fall once I see what else you guys are coming out with.

Yes. me too. However, the 'next few months' can be a long time though...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. me too. However, the 'next few months' can be a long time though...

That's true. I hesitated on a Madras and before I knew it, it was sold out. I won't be making that mistake again, waiting on my latest shirt to arrive hopefully by the end of the week or early next week. If I have the size locked down I am buying my top 2 flannel choices for sure.

You guys have any style preferences for flannel? Collar style, pockets, pleats etc?

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

That's true. I hesitated on a Madras and before I knew it, it was sold out. I won't be making that mistake again, waiting on my latest shirt to arrive hopefully by the end of the week or early next week. If I have the size locked down I am buying my top 2 flannel choices for sure.

You guys have any style preferences for flannel? Collar style, pockets, pleats etc?

Mm I've been debating that too including other shirts I'm considering. I'm looking at strictly casual untucked shirts and departing from the norm a bit. I'm thinking of going with soft ivy bd, no placket, no pocket on all of them including ocbds.

4frnt

Reaction score

Do these include shirts that were returned as part of a remake? Haha if so I've definitely seen one of my old shirts there.

I'd imagine most of the shirts are returns from the remake process.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mm I've been debating that too including other shirts I'm considering. I'm looking at strictly casual untucked shirts and departing from the norm a bit. I'm thinking of going with soft ivy bd, no placket, no pocket on all of them including ocbds.

My OCBDs will be the Soft Ivy, soft placket and one button cuff, angled pocket and center box pleat. Pretty standard makeup and I am liking it for casual wear, I might stick to the same specs for the flannels. Debating a non buttoned collar though, maybe the soft president or maybe just a smaller collar like the Colorado BD.

zinc2162

Reaction score

My OCBDs will be the Soft Ivy, soft placket and one button cuff, angled pocket and center box pleat. Pretty standard makeup and I am liking it for casual wear, I might stick to the same specs for the flannels. Debating a non buttoned collar though, maybe the soft president or maybe just a smaller collar like the Colorado BD.

I really like the soft ivy bd but I feel it might be too much if I am wearing the shirts untucked. I have a casual shirt with soft president and it's great.

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

I really like the soft ivy bd but I feel it might be too much if I am wearing the shirts untucked. I have a casual shirt with soft president and it's great.

I've been going back and forth between the Colorado bd and soft ivy bd contemplating which one would be better. I don't own either and the only comparison I could make is the height of the collar between band collar and soft preside collar.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got any pics?

I saw the pic of the pink Madras in here with the soft ivy and thought it looked pretty good on the casual fabric.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Quote:
Got any pics?

I saw the pic of the pink Madras in here with the soft ivy and thought it looked pretty good on the casual fabric.
I don't have picture but I pretty much just copied this shirt.

Last edited:

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Colorado bd vs Soft ivy bd - this is how I'd probably wear the shirt but still unsure which collar looks better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads