1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Private Clubs

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by heavyd, Oct 9, 2006.

1. auto90403

auto90403 Well-Known Member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    Out of my league. How on earth did you see a membership list?

a friend had been put up for membership by his boss but had to find one or two more members to support his application. so his boss gave him a list of members and asked if he knew anyone on th elist.

so my friend asked if i knew any of the members and, if so, would i ask them to support his application.

the whole sounded screwy. usually if you support someone's application, then you just ask other members to support their applying. you don't ask the applicant to find members to support.

which made me wonder if his boss really wanted him to join. since my friend quit the firm about 10 days later after a nasty fight with the boss, i suspect not.