• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sactogeoff

Reaction score
White face isn't necessarily "flashy" but I think I know what you mean as "gets too much attention". I'm personally a big fan because they are easy to read and very clean looking. I wouldn't change it.

The leather band idea would make it less bulky. And that chestnut color band would make it a bit more casual. But also keep in mind the current metal bracelet is also considered casual and committing to a colored band limits your options for an outfit having a complete look. But all these things are just nuance. The watch is a big chunky masculine watch. I'd just wear it and maybe get a nice double layer (meaning fully lined) leather band for winter. Switch it back to the bracelet for summer.

Just my 2cents!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the girls who works for me picked up a Daniel Wellington in the rose gold look with the brown leather strap. I have to say for the price that the watch looked great. If I were collecting "poor man's watches" that I would probably have one in my collection.

On a related note, Jomashop has many of them for over half off right now. You can get one along with a second leather strap for under $150 which is pretty crazy. Note I said leather strap though. I think they look awful on a Nato.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check Aliexpress, Daniel Wellington watches are available for $6.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend bought me a Daniel Wellington a while back. At first I didn't like it but I find myself wearing it all the time.

It's slim, simple and has a decent movement. The band is surprisingly nice for the price as well.

I wouldn't wear it over 30 as its a fashion watch but otherwise it's fine.

JLnoir

Reaction score
My new acquisition plus a crocodile strap to go with it:

JLnoir

Reaction score
I didn't think I could post it amongst all the pateks and rolexes

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
They can definitely be found in PMW territory, especially the ETA-powered Hamptons. Fantastic value for a piece with such a long history, and a strong name.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I was ogling these myself a while back; there are plenty under the $1k PMW threshold at Jomashop and the like. I'm not sure anyone ever sells them at their $4k+ official price, but for sure there are a lot to choose from in three figures - even the mechanical ones. For example, this under 800 bucks - and that's the larger size men's auto version, and not even the cheapest. Quartz and smaller/ladies sizes are cheaper still.

I really came close to hooking one of these myself but picked up a vintage piece (Glashuette Spezimatic Weldzeit) instead at the time. And then got fired. Once the court case is over and I get another job, I might still have this one on the list. It really is a feasible PMW, and strikes me as incredibly good value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads