• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

poor man's tuna

(Edit: I guess it's not this board's kinda thing)

Me gusta.

Which model is that?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@ryoneo - how do you like the Bambino? Does it feel cheap? I've been on the fence about getting it. 

I have the Symphony which is basically the Bambino w/ a flat crystal, rather than domed.

The finishing is very refined - shockingly so for the price. It's really a great-looking watch.

The only thing that looks remotely cheap is the fact that the movement is completely unadorned but they, for some reason, put an exhibition back on it.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score

DAT FEEL WHEN YOU SEE SOMEONE ON THE INTERNETZ WITH THE SAME WATCH AS YOU!!!!

It still feels small, but I'm getting used to it...

Still seeking a nice, simple, black leather strap for it though... the inspiration to buy the watch came from a photo where it looked *phenomenal* on a black croc strap. I guess what I didn't consider is that croc is a little too dressy to me for me to wear it daily, but I look at the photo and I still think it needs a croc strap...

OK, I'll show the photo... NOT MY PHOTO

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It still feels small, but I'm getting used to it...

Still seeking a nice, simple, black leather strap for it though... the inspiration to buy the watch came from a photo where it looked *phenomenal* on a black croc strap. I guess what I didn't consider is that croc is a little too dressy to me for me to wear it daily, but I look at the photo and I still think it needs a croc strap...

OK, I'll show the photo... NOT MY PHOTO

^ What model is that?

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It IS a great looking watch. Model # is SNXS79K, and it seems to have been recently discontinued.

Last edited:

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score

It IS a great looking watch. Model # is SNXS79K, and it seems to have been recently discontinued.

I'm not sure if it's been discontinued or not, but it IS still out there, with variants. There's at least blue dial, silver dial, gold dial versions... I think if you search SNXS but changing the number slightly, i.e. 77, 81, that should lead you to the variants.

I'm sure if it's truly discontinued all the variants will also go by the wayside, but as of right this moment, these are still out there. I also think there's a very VERY similar model with a 3 o'clock crown, but I'm not sure of the model number. I find that a lot of these small little dressy 5's are usually ugly, there's usually one thing about them that deal-breaks them for me (like roman numeral indices or the hands or the dial or the case are ugly), but when I saw that black one on the leather strap... everything balances. I had to have one. It was nice even to have a little lume on it as well, they usually don't have much in the way of lume... It was my first 5 (well, this specific type of 5, small and dressy-- I do have a Military 5 as well), and might be my last until I find another "perfect" combo.

Got mine on Ebay BTW

Last edited:

Busa

Reaction score
Saw this one on an Emirates flight in the duty-free catalog, and almost got it for a novelty- asked to see and handle it and decided maybe they didn't pay cosmonauts much in 1959, it felt like a cheap Timex from that era! Decided to give it a pass, even for $125...

Anyone familiar with this brand? Is reputed to have been on Yuri Gagarin's wrist when he went into space...

saltthesnail

Reaction score
Well I'm new here so, be kind. Here are my contributions for now:

7una9a7u.jpg

8uqehy2e.jpg

9ute9ate.jpg

Love all three but eventually really want a Tag Carrera.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads