• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anything, that's large for your wrist. Certainly not small. If you're regularly wearing things larger than that... :crazy:

48mm IS comically large, especially if it's thick. Hockey puck watches look like crap on anybody, but much more so if you have a small wrist.

If you don't like large watches that's ok, but don't piss on everyone that likes large watches :deadhorse:

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
How big is your wrist? Stallone rocks a 50mm uboat but his wrists are like 8 inches around. Pulling off the look more or less requires that the lugs dont stuck out past your wrists

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Invicta Diver Lupah w/ Hadley Roma alligator straps. When I got these in 04, the watch came with the alligaor strap. The strap was worth more than the watch :lol:. After 9 years, no problems and running well.

B-Rogue

Reaction score
Here is another (successful this time) attempt at posting pictures of my watches:

Tissot Limited edition MotoGP:

...and Tag Heuer F1 edition:

DP92

Reaction score
I have 8 inch wrists (more thick than wide) and own a 45mm face watch (exc crown). It's as big as I would like to go personally, but it's just my preference.

(Old picture, now on a nato strap)

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is significantly better. Seems like Orient is still the winner in budget conservative business dress watches.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score

I just saw one of these for sale on craigslist for  75 bucks (minus the metal bracelet).  Should I jump on it?

3M23Fc3Hd5N35Ea5Kad3l688525a362c219ee.jpg

Sounds like a decent deal esp if you like the 'well worn' look; only no telling how the movement runs...

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just saw one of these for sale on craigslist for  75 bucks (minus the metal bracelet).  Should I jump on it?

If the movement is running fine, I'd jump on it. I would definitely switch out the Seiko rubber strap for say a G-10 Nato strap in blue and red if can find one.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As others have mentioned, for $75, if the movement works fine, that's a pretty good deal. You can even buy a new bezel insert to replace that Pepsi style one if it's too faded for your tastes. A new insert is relatively cheap and easy to install.

Last edited:

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Any love for russian watches on this forum? Been eying a raketa big zero, heres my current ruski lineup:

(not my wrist, but the exact same) scuba dude on sharkmesh, gonna get a polished/number delete bezel for it:

And a komandirskie:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every now and then I think I want to buy an Elektronika, just fer shiggles.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
I find most of the amfibias/dirskies to cheesy for my liking, but the blue scuba dude is alright. Some of the more conservatively styled amfibia dials are ok too. The bezels are the really ugly part, my goal is to get the stainless steel murphy bezel to smooth out the look:

lamergod

Reaction score

Got my first Marina Militare after eyeing being put off by the quartz one for being a quartz. They finally released an automatic one. However, the chronograph don't seem to work. Or that I don't know how to operate it since it's my first chronograph. Any help?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads