• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Only 10 Days Until Judgement Day

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you going to wear? I'm going to start breaking in some raw denim that day. http://www.npr.org/2011/05/07/136053...ow-soon-enough A similar event... Oct 22, 1844 The sun rose on the morning of October 22 as on any other day, and October 22 passed without incident, resulting in feelings of disappointment among many Millerites. Henry Emmons, a Millerite, later wrote, I waited all Tuesday [October 22] and dear Jesus did not come;– I waited all the forenoon of Wednesday, and was well in body as I ever was, but after 12 o’clock I began to feel faint, and before dark I needed someone to help me up to my chamber, as my natural strength was leaving me very fast, and I lay prostrate for 2 days without any pain– sick with disappointment.[5] William Miller continued to wait for the second coming of Jesus Christ until his death in 1849. The Great Disappointment is viewed by some scholars as an example of the psychological phenomenon of cognitive dissonance.[14] The theory was proposed by Leon Festinger to describe the formation of new beliefs and increased proselytizing in order to reduce the tension, or dissonance, that results from failed prophecies.[15] According to the theory, believers experienced tension following the failure of Jesus' reappearance in 1844 which led to a variety of new explanations. The various solutions form a part of the teachings of the different groups that outlived the disappointment.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Dia de Juicio"?

I love juice. I wonder if God will be giving out pomegranate juice samples. Ever try buying that at full price? Stuff is darn expensive!
bigstar[1].gif

OldGeezer

Reaction score
So why does he have to come on a Saturday? Messes up the entire week end.

For months I kept running into these people passing out leaflets, and converting all they could to join the cause. Haven't seen any for a few weeks.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OldGeezer

For months I kept running into these people passing out leaflets, and converting all they could to join the cause. Haven't seen any for a few weeks.

**** the weekend, I was hoping to see The Hangover Part II, and my 3 year anniversary with my girl is coming up, but most importantly......The Hangover Part II

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011...1304717846&s=2

The Bible guarantees it!

I guess Matthew 24:36 got omitted from the Bibles these people are reading (or apparently not reading).

Nowhere in Scripture are specific dates offered up for Christ's return; in fact it says he will come as a thief in the night, which sounds pretty unexpectedly if you ask me.

Yahoos, all of them.
plain.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
my 3 year anniversary with my girl is coming up

Get ready for her to start putting the pressure on for a "commitment". Then again, if the nutbags are right this could be a moot point.

Blurv

Reaction score

Agreed. Rapture is clearly a Monday sort of event.

OldGeezer

Reaction score
What does one wear to the Rapture? Don't want to be overdressed, but want to look good for the big event.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why do they say end of the world when what they really mean end of humanity or the end of our way of life?! I'm assuming the world will be just fine after we're gone or eating each others brains.

...unless the death star has already entered planetary orbit...!?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does one wear to the Rapture? Don't want to be overdressed, but want to look good for the big event.
I have a 3 piece suit i have been dying to wear. Do you guys think I should drop the vest? I dont want to look like im trying too hard. I mean I know its god and all but I would hate to receive attention if its for the wrong reasons.

OldGeezer

Reaction score
[QUOTE=Do you guys think I should drop the vest?

You may want to drop the vest for added comfort. We know the day, but not the time he's coming. They haven't even told us which time zone, so it could be a long day. We'll have to be dressed and ready for each zone. If not, he (He) could come while you're in the shower, with soap in your eyes and unshaven. Better to be a bit over dressed, but you may be the suit for a long time.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys, I hate to break it to you, but the boat sailed a long time ago.

rapture.jpg

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
you would have thought that some reasonable denial around the time of Jesus's death would be normal, but after a few years... now it's roughly 2000 years later? I mean ****, isn't it time to concede the guy died and he's not coming back?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads