• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OneTrouser

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
Good choice Foo! Lighter shades of flannel are much more pleasing to my eye for use as trousers.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
too light
No, no ... not at all ... it's a good choice.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Luciano Barbera has the shade right....

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are LB's jacket's shoulders SF approved ? Just wondering ..

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear light grey flannel trousers much more than charcoal - like 5x more probably. I think that cloth looks pretty good, maybe a touch lighter than ideal but close enough.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Are LB's jacket's shoulders SF approved ? Just wondering ..
SF might have a problem with his coat's shoulders ... but fortunately LB is established as somewhere beyond an approval requirement. Personally I don't have an issue with his shoulders.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's great,I have 2-3 pairs in similar color and wear them more than the darker ones. Now,what will be the summer cloth?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I wear light grey flannel trousers much more than charcoal - like 5x more probably. I think that cloth looks pretty good, maybe a touch lighter than ideal but close enough.
+1 I have much more light grey than any other shade, and I wear them more as well, even to the point of almost making them my OnePant. I think they are distinctive in a subtle way--charcoal and even darker med. grey is too "office pant"-like for a OnePant.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Awesome fabric but I wouldn't wear those pants on consecutive days - too distinctive and memorable. For a One Pant I think medium grey like barbera's pants are more optimal.

Also I would have done a worsted sharkskin or worsted flannel instead of a woolen flannel for pants that I wear all the time, for durability as well as for the ability to wear them into the spring/summer occasionally.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think its pretty much perfect.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Foo: I like it, though agree with others that a gray a shade darker would be perfect.

Moss

Reaction score
I like a lighter tone grey cloth as well. Very versatile.

If you were to add LB's cloth to yours, you would be set for cooler and temperate weather. Wait - does that count as two?

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I think its pretty much perfect.

I agree, my darker greys does not get much wear at all...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads