• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OneTrouser

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
Getting back to the shrunken pants: perhaps
foo.gif
can donate them to Cruz over at FNB.edu. The pants would have to be shortened further, but most good tailors are able to do this at reasonable cost. Just an idle thought since I am momentarily imbued with the spirit of Christmas.

Aye, Jacob Marley's spirit.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. That's like me justifying why I have so many tweed trou.

peepwall[1].gif

How many tweed trousers do you have?

Can you give us an early X-mas present by taking a group pic of all of them?....especially with you wearing one of them?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Aye, Jacob Marley's spirit.
One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster. He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!" After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!" Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence. I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster.

He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!"

After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!"

Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence.

I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.

Is this before or after the vegan health feast?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I took the cloth home from the office tonight. My wife likes it.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster.

He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!"

After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!"

Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence.

I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.

Good God Magnum!!!
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by mafoofan
I took the cloth home from the office tonight. My wife likes it.

How do you know? Was it awarded the Spoozy badge of reverence?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster. He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!" After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!" Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence. I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.
You need to learn to ration your talents, you're becoming jaded and over-exposed.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you send them to Jefferyd for an authopsy?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
How many tweed trousers do you have?

Can you give us an early X-mas present by taking a group pic of all of them?....especially with you wearing one of them?

The wicket grows sticky when you try to define "tweed."

I have probably 10 pairs of odd trou that are unquestionably tweed. Thick, rustic, wonderfully warm tweed. But there are probably 10-15 more that are dressier and lighter weight that are tweedy but perhaps open to quibbles.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Madame Paulette shrunk two pairs of my Ambrosi/Woodhouse pants so I need new odd trousers. Woodhouse and its whipcord are no more. So, I have a new OneTrouser planned. Five pairs. Same cloth, same color. That is all.
I often have five pairs made up in the same cloth ... 5x the charcoal, the mid-grey, the light-grey, the chocolate brown, the mid-brown ...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I often have five pairs made up in the same cloth ... 5x the charcoal, the mid-grey, the light-grey, the chocolate brown, the mid-brown ...

Sounds sensible to me. Although, for practical and budgetary reasons, I plan on having a fall/winter OneTrouser, a spring/summer OneTrouser, and a few key one-offs.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds sensible to me. Although, for practical and budgetary reasons, I plan on having a fall/winter OneTrouser, a spring/summer OneTrouser, and a few key one-offs.
Sounds as if you have made this approach work for you.

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I still say the OneTrou for someone who mostly wears suits is a bit of a cop out. The OneSuit would be much more bold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics