• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OMG! Mafoofan Sighting in NYC!!

plotter

Reaction score
Robot Whores have very very small weiners. And Mafoofan is one of them.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Mafoofan weirds me out with his taste in uws restaurants but you guys take creepy to the next level by stalking him. It's like the Gawker sightings section. Now I'm off to sniff my assistant's chair before she gets in tomorrow.
I know, it's so much better to sniff the chair while she's actually sitting in it
wink.gif
This thread reminds me of that 12 step Mr. Belvedere fan club SNL skit where they want to put him in a huge mason jar.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I try not to go above 23rd Street. Does he (you) ever get 'downtown'?
confused.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
I try not to go above 23rd Street. Does he (you) ever get 'downtown'?
confused.gif

Almost never. Too many rowdy hooligans.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
This thread reminds me of that 12 step Mr. Belvedere fan club SNL skit where they want to put him in a huge mason jar.

I should want to cook Brocktoon a simple dinner if he truly accepts the offer, but not if I sense that he accepts it telepathically.

EnglishGent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
I've wanted to know what mafoofan means.

I once saw the word mafoo translated to mean stable boy, but I don't remember the source or whether it was from Cantonese or Mandarin.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EnglishGent
I once saw the word mafoo translated to mean stable boy, but I don't remember the source or whether it was from Cantonese or Mandarin.

So he is a fan of stable boys?
tounge.gif

EnglishGent

Reaction score
I'm not making assumptions about his preferences, I just distinctly remember seeing that translation of the word.

lordofpi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
It's a secret code for the fora Illuminati.

Yeah, kind of like fnord. You hear it and your mind automatically goes into hypnotic state for a split second.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was about to doubt Mafoofan's existence since I haven't seen him on the UWS. OTOH I did see John Lithgow pushing a shopping cart at Fairway's last night so I guess anything can happen.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Almost never. Too many rowdy hooligans.

Shoot. Looks like I need to make the schlep up to Zabar's (Fairway?
confused.gif
) .....

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Shoot. Looks like I need to make the schlep up to Zabar's (Fairway?
confused.gif
) .....

Zabar's and Fairway are two different animals in two different leagues. Fairway is just a nice supermarket, where you would go to do your regular grocery shopping. Zabar's is where you go for the good stuff.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Zabar's and Fairway are two different animals in two different leagues. Fairway is just a nice supermarket, where you would go to do your regular grocery shopping. Zabar's is where you go for the good stuff.

Food Emporium is a nice supermarket.
Fairway is dirty and a mad house.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks. Yes, having lived here for the last 25 years or so I am aware of the difference. I was merely wondering where I had a better chance of making a sighting.
smile.gif
FWIW, people say the Red Hook Fairway is quite nice, anda very different experience...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads