• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OMG! Mafoofan Sighting in NYC!!

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I made a comment about how the regimental ties were mostly made in the U.S. and Ireland whereas they were nearly all Chinese-made the last time I was in the store.

When I was in there a year ago, one of the salesman said that the Chinese-made merch on offer previously made their stalwarts have a cow.

J. Press' Japanese overlords learned their lesson, and it was not re-ordered.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I made a comment about how the regimental ties were mostly made in the U.S. and Ireland whereas they were nearly all Chinese-made the last time I was in the store.
Although you were duty bound to comment on the tie choices of origin, being asked if you are an AAAC member is quite a besmirchment on your honor. I am surprised you did not step back and draw your sword cane.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Although you were duty bound to comment on the tie choices of origin, being asked if you are an AAAC member is quite a besmirchment on your honor. I am surprised you did not step back and draw your sword cane.

He probably only wanted to know in which direction to point him? "AAAC? The socks and underwear are over there.."
laugh.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel like I should quote Jamgood or Kav here, but I don't know which of their works would be appropriate.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's not, I am still re-jiggering my brain back to reality after that last clusterfuck with the Simon and Garfunkel song..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Or set him up with a desk and every suit swatch book so he could spend hours scouring them and then not order anything.

laugh.gif

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Yep - at J. Press - I walked out a minute after you came in. I only looked up to notice you when the salesman asked if you were a member of AAAC. And I was much disappointed when you replied "Yes" rather than slapping him with your gloves and saying "I'm a SF man, beatch!"

At which point you should have shouted something like "you like it, the lamb?!?!?!?" or something about black suits and then dashed off
devil.gif

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
At which point you should have shouted something like "you like it, the lamb?!?!?!?" or something about black suits and then dashed off
devil.gif

What's wrong with black suits?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
devil.gif

Originally Posted by 83glt
What's wrong with black suits?
MichiganCavalryCharge.jpg

WorkingClassHero

Reaction score
He was in Chicago for a while right? Saw him on Wabash once with his precious Ambrosi pants and some well dressed fellow in a brown suit. Rather diminutive as I remember. Short, but stylish!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This thread is uber-creepy.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WorkingClassHero
He was in Chicago for a while right? Saw him on Wabash once with his precious Ambrosi pants and some well dressed fellow in a brown suit. Rather diminutive as I remember. Short, but stylish!

Ah. You may have spotted me with Uppercase after lunch.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
This thread is uber-creepy.

Better to know than not know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads