1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jekyll, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel any better I've hated them from day one.
    +1 also arms akimbo, that vintage piece is really sick, probably one of the best finds on here in a long long time

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

arms akimbo, I think the whole thing looks good. Sure you could change out the shoes, but I think it's good as is. And +1 to constant struggle. I saw a similar vintage LL bean sweater at mr freedom for >$100, and still almost bought it [​IMG]

3. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Haha, one of aforesaid pics:
    [​IMG]
    I get lots of compliments on them IRL.

this is awesome

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

6. barims

barims Well-Known Member

That's a great tie and I'm really pissed at myself for not buying it on sale while I could. Cool pic too.
    Damn, Barims, you are styling in that second picture!
    ^^ Fantastic pic Barims!
    Terrific pic.
    that picture is amost perfect barims.
    Too much hair?
    Awesome pic.
    All appreciated, fellows. Cheers
    teach me how to be sexy and not teh gay in an ascot plz
    I'll try. Remember this one? Otherwise, I'm sure Austin Powers will hook you up
    He got a donk He got a donk He got a donk He got a donk
    Well played
    [​IMG]
    I like this. Slouchy-but-lanky silhouette and excellent boots
    Got a haircut, but no camera helper student today [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This appears to be a better angle for you, resulting in another good shot. As for my tie, I wasn't aware Hackett sold in Korea - that's very cool to learn. I was giddily pleased when I dug it out from one of the boxes at the sample sale

7. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

Good one shore! satisfied with the vest? and what are the boots? clarks?

8. JonHecht

JonHecht Well-Known Member

In attempt to redeem myself after yesterday's pictures and abhorrent behavior on my part, here's something a bit more casual (I have a date today, so I hope it's good). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] For most of the day, I intend to either not wear the jacket or to wear it open. But I have a night class today, so I will need it by then. Z-zegna jacket, DK Signature shirt Nudie Slim Jims Converse low-tops (though you can't see them) And as a special bonus... by noon, I felt like enough of a douche in a blazer (sport jackets are fine IMO, evidently blazers are not) and changed it to this... [​IMG] Cheers. Edit: I'm pretty sure that the jacket that I'm wearing today is a size too big, but I figured that it was such a casual jacket that it wouldn't make much of a difference. Does it?

9. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

those sure are pictures of a guy wearing clothes

10. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

^^obeserve and learn

11. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

This appears to be a better angle for you, resulting in another good shot. As for my tie, I wasn't aware Hackett sold in Korea - that's very cool to learn. I was giddily pleased when I dug it out from one of the boxes at the sample sale

Guess I'm slightly mistaken unless they source it from Italy. I figure the same place in Italy is making all of those dotted silk knit ties, then they sell it to other places like Paul Smith. The colors I had available to me were navy (which I bought), purple like yours, and a brown.

12. Brigden

Brigden Well-Known Member

^^obeserve and learn

Oh, snap.

13. JonHecht

Oh, snap.

I'm confused. Then again, that has been my general state of being lately, so this isn't altogether unforeseen. [​IMG]

14. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

JohnHecht sure is an angry kevin-bacon-gonna-rape-you-looking motherfucka

15. JonHecht

Umm...
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. barims

barims Well-Known Member

Guess I'm slightly mistaken unless they source it from Italy. I figure the same place in Italy is making all of those dotted silk knit ties, then they sell it to other places like Paul Smith. The colors I had available to me were navy (which I bought), purple like yours, and a brown.

I'm certain Hackett outsourced it. I just got interested at the thought that they were retailing in your area. Whose label is on yours?

17. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Mine is Belgravia, which I'm almost certain is a very small Korean brand that imports shirts/neckties/pocketsquares. They have some really nice stuff but thanks to it being imported, its too expensive even on sale. As in, that tie I have is more expensive than any 3 of my other ties combined, AFTER it was on sale. I guess that's the reason I didn't get the purple one too.

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Nice Collective leather trimmed Trench Shades of Greige unlined jacket Wings + Horns zip flannel (over W+H henley, NV) Wings + Horns denim Nice Collective combat boots (fuck the haters)

19. Brigden

Brigden Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Then again, that has been my general state of being lately, so this isn't altogether unforeseen. [​IMG]

Read Uncontrol's criticism of your fit, then read SuperBobo's response to Uncontrol. Enlightenment to follow.

20. fuji

fuji Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Polo: Ralph Lauren Sweater: Ralph Lauren Jeans: Raf simons Shoes: Churchs Belt: Ralph lauren purple label Bag: gucci The jeans look much shorter in the photo then they actually are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.