• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- I'm older so I don't know as much as the regular SW&D posters.. But FWIW I'd buy you a cup-cake if I saw you IRL.

You're an easy sell Old Guido.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
some pictures from my evening, my buddy was walking me through the features on my n-80 and snapped some cool pictures on his d80 i felt were worth sharing.
5640_136499940733_576210733_3856969_2576042_n.jpg

5640_136499970733_576210733_3856973_7902165_n.jpg

5640_136499980733_576210733_3856975_328316_n.jpg
5640_136499905733_576210733_3856964_126608_n.jpg

not entirely waywt, but this is the discussion thread right, and people just spent 2/3 of a page talking about how best to handle a guitar.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lachy
You're an easy sell Old Guido.

hahaha fuggin lachy

real nice pics robbie i dig em

illumin8em

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
first day on set?

a few more details holmes

It is the set of a movie that I will be in that a friend wrote, & is directing. This is kind of principle photography. I was also asked to write the soundtrack for it, and in this particular scene I play a little bit of a song. You can see one of my guitars peeking from the left.

It is too bad that details, e.g. materials/textures/wood grain, won't show up on film. There is some nice stuff going on in the scene. I should take macro shots, & make a collage for posterity.

Originally Posted by robin
Some of you guys need to shave.

If this is includes me, I just recently shaved off a lovely 1yr beard as per request from the bride of a wedding I was in. It broke my heart

Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Bill on SuFu is awesome. If you get comparisons to him, you're doing something right.

Yeah, that is definitely flattering, but the economy of my home state, as well as my own socioeconomic status allows me only a fraction of the budget. Covet this greater budget, I do. The pants/jeans were a bit of prop though. They are a selvage pair of Gap that I beat the heck out of while repairing old stringed instruments.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
that wood is the same wood you'll find at gibson and fender, only the finishing process is different so while the woods are the same they're not because the 24.75" neck scale takes the nitrocellulose differently than the 25.5" scale so while they may look the same the gibson will enhance the midrange frequencies more.

Wait... the neck is nitrocellulose? So if you're really shredding, the thing will literally burst into flames? That's awesome!

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- I'm older so I don't know as much as the regular SW&D posters.. But FWIW I'd buy you a cup-cake if I saw you IRL.

Best believe that when Phat Guido buys you a cupcake, it'll be some ultra-luxe $18 cupcake.

Originally Posted by rusholme
i enjoy your posts!

havent really met anyone that can take the type of pissing that you do....

For that matter, I haven't met anyone who- for whatever reason- invites the kind of e-pissing I do. I really don't know why. But thanks for the kind words. More mediocre WAYWTs to come!

Originally Posted by robbie
some pictures from my evening, my buddy was walking me through the features on my n-80 and snapped some cool pictures on his d80 i felt were worth sharing.

These photos make you look like the coolest motherfucker on the planet. May I contact his services as my own personal photographist? Apparently, I need help apppearing to be a cool motherfucker.

Lachy

Reaction score
Very cool photos Robbie. I'd love to see you incorporate those kind of shots into your fit pics.

Also, from your last fit, those KMW look like they're starting to show quite nicely now (if in fact those were your KMWs)

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
naw. it's just that some people don't understand sick fadez

Picture003.jpg

I love it, looks like a working man's guitar! The fades I love best on a guitar are the ones left by the picking hand or forearm resting on the lower bout. The way the neck looks, you've probably had the frets replaced on this thing at least once.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the frets are the originals but they need some love after 35 years of rawk. you should see the back of this ******. here's my new biatch from a show last night: jcrew godin skull 5010 chucks
fahrwar.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Nice beard, robbie. Your facial hair looks OK too.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by that girl
hmm interesting. thanks boys.
makes me think about dressing to appeal to boys vs girls senses...
also i wish that i could wear heels to work, but i walk around all day and heels just won't cut it :/

Flats or heels meh, all that is important (to the likes of Jet and myself) are that you aren't wearing flip flops.

I liked the quirkyness of your outfit by the way.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joe E Taleo
I love it, looks like a working man's guitar! The fades I love best on a guitar are the ones left by the picking hand or forearm resting on the lower bout. The way the neck looks, you've probably had the frets replaced on this thing at least once.

My favorite fades on a guitar/bass are when the tuning pegs start to become oxidized.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
Flats or heels meh, all that is important (to the likes of Jet and myself) are that you aren't wearing flip flops.

+111

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow

These photos make you look like the coolest motherfucker on the planet. May I contact his services as my own personal photographist? Apparently, I need help apppearing to be a cool motherfucker.

i am sure he'd love to, being in NE might make the commute a bit of a chore for him however.

Originally Posted by Lachy
Very cool photos Robbie. I'd love to see you incorporate those kind of shots into your fit pics.

Also, from your last fit, those KMW look like they're starting to show quite nicely now (if in fact those were your KMWs)

they are my kmw's... i consigned just about every jean i own that doesn't have sentimental value so i'll only wear them.

Originally Posted by Magician
Facial hair looks great Robbie.

Originally Posted by Eason
Nice beard, robbie. Your facial hair looks OK too.

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads