• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Worked for me a couple months ago. :devil: Now that I think of it though, I think I've had random crashes that occured quite often (so quick save spam it was). I believe that was KoToR 2 though. Good thing the game starts up in like 10 seconds.
Anyhow, this here semes reasonable extensive. Have you tried it? http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?s=e559358da0f86cfc0c0460c3af096775&p=2562043&postcount=2

Yeah, I followed those exact directions.

I get an error message with random nonsense characters instead of even getting in to the game.

Wonder if the game would run in VMware or something...its an old game but it is new enough that it pulls from directx stuff that might have trouble in a virtual environment.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah, I followed those exact directions.

I get an error message with random nonsense characters instead of even getting in to the game.

Wonder if the game would run in VMware or something...its an old game but it is new enough that it pulls from directx stuff that might have trouble in a virtual environment.

I love to see someone go and clean up and modernize the graphic assets to that game.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

started reading the zahn books. come at me nerds!

I'll one up you, Rambo.

I think I've still got unabridged audiobooks of this trilogy pulled from cassette to mp3. I don't think they ever made a CD version of the unabridged versions, which is unfortunate, because who wants to listen to an abridged recording of anything?.

Anyway, listening to those babies made 12 hour monotonous car rides go by like that.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dammit!
I want to play KOTOR...I tried to install it last night and I can't even get it to start on Win7 64bit.
I followed some directions that are supposed to make it work but still, can't even get the opening screen.
I have an OG xbox so I could probably find a KOTOR disk for cheap, but I heard that the xbox version cuts a lot of the voice acting and just has subtitles for everything minor.
Heard the steam version *might* work right away (but do I really need to pay another $10 for a game only to find it doesn't work)...otherwise I suppose I have a spare hard drive and could install winXP, but it seems like a lot of work to play one game.

I played both KOTORs on a Win7 64bit with no issue. I know I got the 2nd one on Steam but I believe I downloaded the first one of a torrent site.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All I care about is getting the original movies on blu-ray. The work's like 90% done already. How about that, Disney?

I'd like the original movies. Not the bastardized re sequenced crap

Hopefully we get the Star Wars Holiday Special on Blu-Ray now. :slayer:

Wait wait wait wait. You expect the *same* Disney which has successfully petitioned for extended copyright terms so that Mickey Mouse (created in the 1920s) STILL hasn't made it to public domain, and the *same* Disney that locks away films in their vault to re-release every 10 years, to actually give you movies? Are you insane?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Huh.

If anything that suggests to me that Disney will eventually release them. It could be in ten years. That's better than nothing.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it will still happen. Too much money to be made. Now that Lucas is out of the picture, Fox will want to release them. A deal with Disney will be made and eventually they will see release.

JustChris

Reaction score
God, I hope so. That's all I want. If that ever happens, I can walk away and never look back as Disney/Lucas/Fox/whoever rapes and pillages the franchise until there's nothing left but a lifeless, dried out husk.

And make no mistake, Disney will do exactly that...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just go get Harmy's despecialized versions.

I haven't watched them myself (plan to at some point) but they are supposed to pretty much be true to the original and make use of the highest quality source material available for each scene. Goes back to the laserdisc for things that were screwed with really early on.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone catch South Park last night?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics