• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really tempted by some of the Relwen on GILT today. Anyone know where the stuff is made, especially the knits?

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little quick sleuthing leads me to believe is MIC - you can check the shawl at wharf and see that one is MIC in the detail pic.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, you're right. They look pretty well made anyway, but if the tag read 'Made by Scottish Virgins Riding Atop Unicorns', I'd probably jump on one. Retail is pretty steep for a MiC knit, in my opinion, but I've never seen one in person.

jaspar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
this is what the sa at my co-op said too. its too bad because everything is about 33% from being coppable
frown.gif

If that's really true, it'd be contrary to how Barney's has operated markdowns for the last umpteenth years, but I know they've altered their sales schedule slightly this year, so maybe they are finally trying to distinguish stores' sale pricing from warehouse sales' pricing. Historically, items @ warehouse sales have been priced - at least for the first week/few days - identically to the final markdown at their stores; without the protection of their return policy; nonsensical.

Still, I tend not to believe this. Co-op SA's tend to be less seasoned and definitely less informed; more inclined to deceive customers into believing that they're won't be further/any markdowns (One once told me 'Rag + Bone never goes on sale') so that you'll buy at current price... If a 3rd markdown doesn't happen this Thurs, or by next Tues, I'll eat my words, however.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is it nonsense? Warehouse/sample sales tend to be a frenzy and there are enough people that will buy it at those prices because they are scared things won't be there later.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From another forum, a guy bought some Diors jeans for $140 from Barneys. The jeans were tagged $250 with a red pen mark which gave an additional discount so their additional markdown might be in effect already.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, so those Diors can go down below $100 after the third (final) markdown?

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaspar
Still, I tend not to believe this. Co-op SA's tend to be less seasoned and definitely less informed; more inclined to deceive customers into believing that they're won't be further/any markdowns (One once told me 'Rag + Bone never goes on sale') so that you'll buy at current price... If a 3rd markdown doesn't happen this Thurs, or by next Tues, I'll eat my words, however.
SAs everywhere often give bad info, but I've actually found SAs at Barneys to be among the better. There is no third markdown. There's only the warehouse sale after this, and I believe only in NY and LA. SF only has warehouse sales in August, after the SS season. FW season warehouse sales only happen in some cities.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Damn, so those Diors can go down below $100 after the third (final) markdown?

yeah thats pretty crazy, this is supposedly gonna be in effect this thursday or next tues?

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
SAs everywhere often give bad info, but I've actually found SAs at Barneys to be among the better.

There is no third markdown. There's only the warehouse sale after this, and I believe only in NY and LA. SF only has warehouse sales in August, after the SS season. FW season warehouse sales only happen in some cities.

do you know when the ny warehouse sale is?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Barneys used to have three markdowns before they got bought a year and a half ago.

chanimal

Reaction score
if someone comes across a pair of 21cm mij diors in 34 grab them for me, ill make it worth your while.

also for those in Toronto, TNT blu has gone 70% off - $59 gitman/gant rugger shirts, one pair of W/H khaki corded cloth in 32 for $69.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chanimal
if someone comes across a pair of 21cm mij diors in 34 grab them for me, ill make it worth your while.

also TNT blu has gone 70% off - $59 gitman/gant rugger shirts, one pair of W/H khaki corded cloth in 32 for $69.

i'd be willing to proxy, just let me know the day before the sale is on so i can plan accordingly.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its pretty late to do a third markdown. Warehouse should be in a couple weeks usually?

A random SA said there would be no markdown this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads