• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

doinitok

Reaction score
Please don't call out my hall monitors, btw. If he is flagging your posts needlessly, you can complain to me.

And fwiw, I agree with him, at least in part. I think that you should return the items. However, I would definitely not do it at my own expense, and definitely not without either an immediate refund or an immediate exchange that takes place before you ship out.
Many thanks, LA GUY for the additional information.

Just so it's clear, as I posted earlier, I'm happy to send the items back, as I expressed in an earlier post.

And, while I do not wish to upset an Admin, I was hardly "calling out" a hall monitor. Repeatedly calling someone a "moron" is, sorta by definition, jerk behavior.

I was simply qualifying it as such... ;-)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ whatever happened to just doing the right thing and returning something that doesn't belong to you?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow really? I never bought anything from that collab but the photos looked pretty good. lol you didn't buy them to have to find this out did you? I remember them being expensive as ****

Thankfully no, I saw them in store at J+O, studied them for a few minutes, walked away very saddened and confused.

**** why does LN-CC have to gradually mark down their items? The shoes I bought were then marked down another 100 pounds a couple of hours after i checked out

Ask for price adjustment asap.

Sorry to derail the thread, but do you happen to know if this pair had those same issues? I'm considering buying them. 

Yes, those are the same, there were lace ups, those short boots and some taller boots in the collar all in black and that brown.

Last edited:

DesignerValet

Reaction score
I would send it back, but having to a) wait to be reimbursed for the return shipping and b) deal with sending an international package would permanently sour me on the retailer.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the thing, I know what I have to do its just a little annoying. And I know that for dot-mi, it was just an honest mistake but they probably can't do anything in the form of compensation except getting the correct item to me ASAP (although that may be 2-3 weeks in this case). I would expect more from somewhere like mporter, but a small boutique like dot-mi probably can't afford much more than an apology.

It was depressing though when I opened up my package to see a horribly ugly sweater inside instead of my sns melange fisherman lol.

Last edited:

Hype1234

Reaction score
This thread is starting to suck. Roden Gray is dropping prices, and common projects are discounted more. use getgray for an extra 10%.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah that's the thing, I know what I have to do its just a little annoying. And I know that for dot-mi, it was just an honest mistake but they probably can't do anything in the form of compensation except getting the correct item to me ASAP (although that may be 2-3 weeks in this case). I would expect more from somewhere like mporter, but a small boutique like dot-mi probably can't afford much more than an apology.

It was depressing though when I opened up my package to see a horribly ugly sweater inside instead of my sns melange fisherman lol.

Honestly, in terms of negative publicity vs. positive publicity, it's completely worth it to eat a hundred bucks of shipping, especially in the day of the internet. And you can get a package from Italy in under a week, easily, and not even using the most expensive options. Fedex International Economy will easily do it. I am wearing a Barena sweater/jacket I got from Farfetch that I ordered last Tuesday. It got here this Tuesday.

dgonsh

Reaction score
unionmade cancelled my order for a pair of green Unis gio's. i ordered within an hour of the sale launch. how could their stock already be wrong?! oh well. mf'ers.

ipractice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably because they sold it in store before your order made it to the shipping step.

dgonsh

Reaction score
haha, at 2 in the morning? unlikely. just bad communication to their e-commerce. oh well. im not upset. just disappointed as i was really looking forward to them.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haha, at 2 in the morning? unlikely. just bad communication to their e-commerce. oh well. im not upset. just disappointed as i was really looking forward to them. 

sale launch was Sunday night so if you ordered then plenty of time for the order to sell out in stores. Their website is a joke though, I've never been over 50% for items ordered

dgonsh

Reaction score
sale launch was Sunday night so if you ordered then plenty of time for the order to sell out in stores. Their website is a joke though, I've never been over 50% for items ordered
time stamp on my order: 2013-01-14 1:29:13 that would be monday morning/sunday night at 1:30 am. 15 mins after it was posted that the sale had started, in this very thread. oh well.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unexpectedly, my oc online order actually went through. ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads