• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Marni is pre-saling starting Monday the 18th for the S/S '09 collection- 30% off RTW, 40% off accessories. I assume the actual sale starts next Friday, and will continue for a few weeks until the second (and final) markdown.

The 40% off for accessories is brand new- guess they're trying to unload more items at the beginning.

minos36

Reaction score
just received a phone call from barney's co-op at south coast plaza. there's a private sale going on next tuesday (5/19) with items at 40% off. same discount as the one day sale that just passed but with more designer labels including rag & bone.

not sure if this is happening at all of the barney's. looks like they're trying to get rid of more inventory before their final markdown sale. have fun!

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Don't spring markdowns start on 5/19 anyway? How is this "private sale" any different?

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^Did you get my pm back? Was a "hey thanks" in the works or was that too much trouble?

I will no longer help people via pm unless they are purchasing clothes from me.

this **** happens to me constantly and it bugs me too. People, if you ask someone a question in pm and they take the time out of their day to answer it, a thanks is in order.

minos36

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
^ Don't spring markdowns start on 5/19 anyway? How is this "private sale" any different?

no difference, apparently their SA's call it a "private sale" to encourage people to come in early for presales.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
this **** happens to me constantly and it bugs me too. People, if you ask someone a question in pm and they take the time out of their day to answer it, a thanks is in order.

Seriously this annoys me to no end, I'm taking the time to help your dumbass and I don't get a pm saying thanks it's like they drop off the planet. I've only found this to happen here and sufu no other forums are like this.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to get some thanks (and I have answered thousands of PMs, if not tens of thousands, many asking me what sort of jeans/sneakers/belts to get,) but I sort of see it as a pay it forward type of thing.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minos36
just received a phone call from barney's co-op at south coast plaza. there's a private sale going on next tuesday (5/19) with items at 40% off. same discount as the one day sale that just passed but with more designer labels including rag & bone.

band?

Nananine

Reaction score
The Save Fashion sale is pretty good. Picked fairly well by the time I got out there. I almost bought this amazing Surface to Air lined jacket, but it was oddly tight (probitively so) around the shoulders/chest. It was tagged with BBlessing tags and it was only $100 bucks. Someone snatched it up as soon as I put it back on the rack.

They have Rogues Gallery deck boots for a great $169 (in 8 and 16 eyelet versions in black, and an 8 eyelet in green/blue), but they're narrow as hell for me.

I believe that they restock every day, so it's still worth going to.

Originally Posted by minos36

Do you have a full list of included designers yet?

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
It's nice to get some thanks (and I have answered thousands of PMs, if not tens of thousands, many asking me what sort of jeans/sneakers/belts to get,) but I sort of see it as a pay it forward type of thing.

For sure, if its a quick response type of thing. But i've been asked for the type of responses that take up a couple paragraphs and then never gotten another reply back. I still answer all pm questions since others have done the same for me and I appreciate it, but the hit & run questions do annoy sometimes.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
For sure, if its a quick response type of thing. But i've been asked for the type of responses that take up a couple paragraphs and then never gotten another reply back. I still answer all pm questions since others have done the same for me and I appreciate it, but the hit & run questions do annoy sometimes.

I get the advice things that take a paragraph or two as well. Sometimes get a thanks, othertimes not. I dunno. I never really thought about those who do or don't.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's because you're far cooler than us and this forum doggy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads