• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing cemented soles are bad which means I need to redouble my efforts to get some burgundy starrs...

Xavier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
btw, when I was talking with my SA last week, she said that they are planning on changing the construction of the Starr to a cemented sole that is flush with the uppers which will completely take them out of the picture for me, if that's indeed the case. There were 2 pairs made in this way (not starrs but some other style) at the stores now, and it left me sad and depressed.

Unfortunately you're right: they made it, and it completely ruins them.

Picture of that cheap looking crap attached below.

On a more on-topic note, Paul Smith shoes are indeed maybe a bit pricey for the quality... Just like every other designer stuff anyway. The overall quality of Paul Smith mainline shoes is quite good though: they're really comfortable, the dip dyed leather keeps looking good and the overall quality of the shoes is holding up really well over time, ... If you like their look and can afford them, I'd say go for them, I don't know of any other designer doing those dyed leathers so well.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I want those too^.

You guys are terrible enablers. Except, I can hold off. Besides, delayed gratification is the definition of maturity right?

Xavier

Reaction score
With so many PS shoes amateurs out there, we'll probably have to create a Paul Smith shoe Appreciation thread someday
laugh.gif
!

fftfft

Reaction score
Those suede ones remind me of USMC boondockers...

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like them, but with blake stitching it's not ideal for winter.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that on the online store the starr brogues are blake rapid stitched. I was under the impression that they were goodyear welted, and I'm pretty sure the starr brogues I have were goodyear welted. Did they just change this season? o_O

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you buy $500 Paul Smith shoes you pay $200 for the construction/materials, $100 for the name, and $200 for the shape/design. Their design is really second to none, they have that perfect medium between classic and high-fashion.

I have 3 pairs and they are probably my most stylish shoes.

if someone wants to turn this into a Paul Smith ShoeP0rN thread, let me know.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
if someone wants to turn this into a Paul Smith ShoeP0rN thread, let me know.
I'm down with that! My PS horde
psshoesoo7.jpg
and just joining the force today... another PSxTriumph boot...back zip and 2 buckles
psbootsmu5.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ Nice collection you got there.

I got a couple of PS shoes too.

Sneakers:
2m51cle.jpg

111mjuu.jpg

Boots:
2mg430i.jpg

29pcbvk.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I also liked these "Ginsberg" loafers (both the olive and navy were great).....it's not a shoe that I would wear that often but they're sharp as hell

s7xc-a014-sti-g4-detailc-15040.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa Get Smart has a crazy horde. Those look great. I like that smooth toe boot with the medallion, as well as the green captoes etc. here are some pics when mine were still new: I think these are the same as GS' incredible green shoes, except in burgundy suede
dsc05313.jpg
some slip ons which come up regularly on ebay. made in india, still very high quality
dsc05314.jpg
Sundance boots
dsc05315.jpg
my homie on Sufu bought and sold these a while back, I have never seen them anywhere else, they have a more rounded toe:
298559522.jpg
298559525.jpg
298559539.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The PS x Triumph boots are dope.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how he unlaces them, even though they have side zippers.

I still want to get a pair of Starrs eventually, those are such great shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads