• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I may not be remembering the book quite right...but since the first book does not actually have any chapters from the POV of either Rob or Jamie, there would not have been a narrator present to provide a first person account of the battle.
The book does provide a little more detail on exactly what went down and how they managed to succeed but the first book really didn't have any big battle scenes (Tyrion misses all of his battle in his own chapter)

Bolded bit is inaccurate. Tyrion does get knocked out, by he's conscious and quite active during much of the battle.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bolded bit is inaccurate. Tyrion does get knocked out, by he's conscious and quite active during much of the battle.

You're right, when I watched it I thought he saw much more of the battle.

My guess would then be that hendrix is not wrong...there were battles cut short due to budget issues--it just wasn't the Rob v. Jamie battle.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just downloaded all the books onto my reader, hopefully i can get through the 2nd before the show starts.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right, when I watched it I thought he saw much more of the battle.
My guess would then be that hendrix is not wrong...there were battles cut short due to budget issues--it just wasn't the Rob v. Jamie battle.

You're talking about the battle where Tyrions clansmen join up with Tywins force. In the show Tyrion does get knocked out before the battle truly starts. In the the book though he actually makes it to battle, and even gets injured by a mace or morningstar. Reynard thinks you're talking about the battle of the blackwater. We got awhile before that one, and hopefully the budget is greater. I'll be one pissed off fanboy if they **** up that battle.

You guys are talking about two different battles lol.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're talking about the battle where Tyrions clansmen join up with Tywins force. In the show Tyrion does get knocked out before the battle truly starts. In the the book though he actually makes it to battle, and even gets injured by a mace or morningstar. Reynard thinks you're talking about the battle of the blackwater. We got awhile before that one, and hopefully the budget is greater. I'll be one pissed off fanboy if they **** up that battle.

Nah, I think we are talking about the same battle (since it is the only one that has made it into the show).
I just didn't remember to what extent Tyrion actually makes it into the battle--he does still get knocked out, but since he was in the vanguard, it probably would have required the budget for a ton of extras in full armor just to show him get knocked out.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nah, I think we are talking about the same battle (since it is the only one that has made it into the show).
I just didn't remember to what extent Tyrion actually makes it into the battle--he does still get knocked out, but since he was in the vanguard, it probably would have required the budget for a ton of extras in full armor just to show him get knocked out.

We're talking about the same battle.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
from what i recall tyrion doesn't get knocked out in the battle next to the bridge as after the battle he confronts his father about his strategy and confirms that the strategy was to use tyrion's barbarian army as a throwaway and once his line collapsed tyrion's father's knights would have led a spear strike to the side of the enemy and forced them into the river

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

from what i recall tyrion doesn't get knocked out in the battle next to the bridge as after the battle he confronts his father about his strategy and confirms that the strategy was to use tyrion's barbarian army as a throwaway and once his line collapsed tyrion's father's knights would have led a spear strike to the side of the enemy and forced them into the river

I believe he takes a mace to the head, and in the Battle of the Blackwater he doesn't get knocked unconscious from a blow, he loses consciousness from a loss of blood due to several serious wounds (I think).

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

and in the Battle of the Blackwater he doesn't get knocked unconscious from a blow, he loses consciousness from a loss of blood due to several serious wounds (I think).

Little more to it than that heh

He loses his nose

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more i read the books the more i like tyrion. What a delightful smartass; i appreciate dinklage's performance much more now

Sent from my K080 using Tapatalk

Jorgeezy

Reaction score
I guess this is fine to post since the finale was months ago now...

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK NED STARK?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess this is fine to post since the finale was months ago now...

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK NED STARK?

Is that Joffrey in your avatar?

Jorgeezy

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads