• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel about GoT the way peeps are feeling over in the TWD thread....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...BORING.

My message to George RR Martin :

dCGKCqa.gif

I may watch this season when it's all done. Or I may not. Honestly I'd rather re-watch Garth Marenghi's Darkplace or Mighty Boosh instead. Be a better use of my time.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're not gonna like the second ep in that case

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm just going to consider the series finished after having read Storm of Swords.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arya Stark is legal everywhere as of today.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bad for business, right?

I don't mind. There are plenty of divorcees who need representation. And they've legalized gay marriage here in PA so I'll get more gay divorcees too.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure you could easily design a more beautiful World of Warcraft avatar for your own pleasure.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm sure you could easily design a more beautiful World of Warcraft avatar for your own pleasure.

It truly sucks that people (even so called "fans") are focused more on Arya's appearance than her character and what she's had to go through. You would never hear anyone criticizing how handsome/ugly Jon Snow, Ned Stark, or Stannis are.

Last edited:

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It truly sucks that people (even so called "fans") are focused more on Arya's appearance than her character and what she's had to go through. You would never hear anyone criticizing how handsome/ugly Jon Snow, Ned Stark, or Stannis are.

Not on a board filled with mostly straight men, at least.

You can't say a big part of John Snow's popularity doesn't come from his looks, given that Kit Harrington is arguably the worst actor in the show (maybe tied with Emilia Clarke).

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not talking about a character's popularity so you can put away the strawman. You said while reading the books, you imagined Arya growing up to be "beautiful" (shocker...). On top of that, you basically called the actress portraying her "ugly" as if that has any bearing to the story whatsoever.

"I want female characters that kick ass and take names..........but can they look like runway models too?"

Nerd entitlement in a nutshell.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Um, what? That seems to be a pretty common object of commentary with respect to Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister.

(Written before I saw your last post, Neo, which clarifies what you meant. But still, I think you're exaggerating the distinction. If Jaime Lannister in particular were played by someone unattractive, I'm sure you'd here lots of complaints. Ned Stark and Stannis are red herrings, because they're not the sort of character that likely would be the source of reader crushes anyway.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads