• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like they are casting Mace Tyrell, Oberyn Martell, and Elaria Sand:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/05/grrm-confirms-red-viper-mace-magnar-being-cast/

One can only hope Kevan Lannister returns as well. He was in his minor role in Season 1. I'm sure everyone has forgotten him already. But, with two of his sons killed by Rickard Karstark this season (should have been only one with the other in a prisoner exchange) and Lancel's storyline over the past two seasons, he's pretty necessary for the Small Council next season. A Small Council of only Twyin, Tyrion, and Varys at this point is pretty silly.

Cool to have Ellaria, although her part will be small I presume. The Sand Snakes for season 5 will be condensed. Obara, Tyene, Nymeria will likely become one character. Sallera is needed separately. And, the young ones can be condensed into nameless children or eliminated altogether I would expect. They love killing off siblings - see the two Tyrell sons.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The decision to make Loras "heir to Highgarden" is a weird one.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The decision to make Loras "heir to Highgarden" is a weird one.

How difficult is it to put a cripple heir off screen, hole up in Highgarden. It provides additional drama for Sansa too. Margaery would tell her "you could marry my brother." Sansa could confide in Shae about how excited she is to marry Loras. The Queen of Thorns could have said, "silly girl, Loras is too valuable to marry to you... you're going to marry my other grandson, who is the heir to Highgarden, but is crippled and can't leave the grounds. Mayhaps his tree can still bear fruit."

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

One can only hope Kevan Lannister returns as well.

He will have to play a much larger part after the second half of Book 3 / Season 4

I just want them to re-cast the Mountain and bring back the actor from Season 1. Season 2's Mountain was crap, luckily he only had like one scene.

Also, going to be hard to replace Sir lyn, that actor has a very singular look.

Last edited:

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How difficult is it to put a cripple heir off screen, hole up in Highgarden. It provides additional drama for Sansa too. Margaery would tell her "you could marry my brother." Sansa could confide in Shae about how excited she is to marry Loras. The Queen of Thorns could have said, "silly girl, Loras is too valuable to marry to you... you're going to marry my other grandson, who is the heir to Highgarden, but is crippled and can't leave the grounds. Mayhaps his tree can still bear fruit."

I'm not sure they would really be gaining anything by having Willas besides adding another character that plays a minimal role, which they are clearly trying to be economical about the number of unnecessary characters they have. Sansa losing the marriage to Loras and marrying Tyrion accomplishes the same thing (IMO makes the Tyrion marriage that much worse because she is losing more) and dropping Willas really has minimal impact. I don't really think the show needs more Sansa drama that doesn't amount to much.

Loras not being a part of the king's guard could be a questionable change, but having Cersei betrothed to Loras adds to her motivations against him that occur later on and make them seem more rational (and possibly more interesting) on her part.

Hard to tell though until it plays out more in the show.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, I know a lot of us have read the books, but spoiler that ****.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean the crucial plot point that Cersei does some undefined act against Loras at some undefined point in time?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liek Game of
Thrones

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like game of
spoilers

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My official prediction of best omitted line from this week's episode:

No, not my hair. Ned loves my hair.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not from teh show but from the book and therefore not a spoiler. Hodor is old Nan's great grandson. This is known. His real name is Walder. Do you think he is really a Frey?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads