• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the consensus on barbour waxed cotton bags? I'm just looking for a companion to my filson field bag which I use almost daily.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
What's the consensus on barbour waxed cotton bags? I'm just looking for a companion to my filson field bag which I use almost daily.

Made in China, but pretty decent quality for the price. Wax may come off on clothing (true for all waxed cotton bags).

You might also want to look at Billingham (dearer but made in the UK and slightly tougher),
Brady bags (also UK made waterproof canvas)
John Chapman (also UK made)

If you're not worries about it being truly waterproof Bill Amberg does some nice canvas & leather bags too.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tokito collaborations are all much slimmer than regular barbour (and they are awesome to boot). I have the fall and summer bicycle jackets, love them both.

mbrokerny

Reaction score
Ive done a bunch of research and it looks like a number of pieces from their new collections are cut slimmer, the Ashby is a slim Bedale and the Pendennis is the slimmer Bristol.

Does anybody have any experience with just how much slimmer they are?

That summer bicycle jacket is awesome but not in the budget.

edit- ive found the Corbridge, i really like it but cannot find the pit-pit measurement anywhere online. The Barbour side has the following measurements:
Back Length (CM) Sleeve Length (CM) Chest (CM)
S 79 84.5 101.5
http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Mens-Barbour-Corbridge-Waxed-Jacket.html

Can i divide the chest by 2 and get the pit-to-pit measurement?

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barbour outlet has a **** ton of waxed jackets in most of the classic styles right now (Bedale, Beaufort, Durham, Longhurst, International, etc). All sizes, mens and womens. Everything is $250. If anyone needs a proxy let me know.

Blacula

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new winter coat, all my old jackets are too big on me now. I have pretty much settled on getting a Barbour jacket. I have been eyeing the Chelsea Quilted or the Lundy, what is the general opinion on those two? I was probably going to check out some of them at a local Orvis if they even carry them in store. I am pretty open to suggestions for another style.

CEE88

Reaction score

I've been looking for a new winter coat, all my old jackets are too big on me now. I have pretty much settled on getting a Barbour jacket. I have been eyeing the Chelsea Quilted or the Lundy, what is the general opinion on those two? I was probably going to check out some of them at a local Orvis if they even carry them in store. I am pretty open to suggestions for another style.
I just ordered the Moreston shirt/jacket from Barbour's Heritage line. It has a more diamond-shaped quilting and cotton fabric. Haven't seen it yet in person but I'm hopeful it will be a go-to Fall layering item for years to come. The Heritage Fit Liddesdale looks quite nice too.

Blacula

Reaction score
I went into that local Orvis store not too long ago and ended up picking up a Gamefair jacket in rustic instead. Glad I went into a place to check them out, because I like this thing much better. Should be interesting to see how this things fades and wears in over the years.

HughJ

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any advice on the thickness of the liners? I'm debating between the quilted and the pile, and I don't have anywhere nearby to see them in person before I order. Thanks.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick question on care for my International.

Picked it up over a year ago on the boards from another member. It would seem to me as it's time for a rewaxing, inasmuch as it's lost the original smell, and the finish is starting to look rather dull. How do I go about doing this, short of mailing my jacket overseas to have it done at their factory? Would they even honor that sort of thing given that I bought it secondhand? Anyone have experiences with care that could relate some advice on the waxed jackets?

I already know its essentially impossible to clean with water, so...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads