• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbjorn
Can anyone give me the BOC-to-bottom measurement on a 42 Intl? Thanks.

I make it approx 79cm/32 1/4 inches. Mine's the black original/A7 other versions may vary...

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Much obliged, Man of Kent. It's the A7 I was wondering about. None of the poncey fashion versions for me!
smile.gif
Just trying to figure out if it'll keep my bum dry on my Cub, KTM, CBR, or FZ6. Looks like "Yes, yes, NO, and maybe, but probably not."

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much obliged, Man of Kent. It's the A7 I was wondering about. None of the poncey fashion versions for me!
smile.gif
Just trying to figure out if it'll keep my bum dry on my Cub, KTM, CBR, or FZ6. Looks like "Yes, yes, NO, and maybe, but probably not."

They did do a long biker jacket for aw10/11 but it's not on their current on-line catalogue. I think it might have been long trials jacket, so I suspect it would be sized small medium large etc. and slimmer cut. Might be some floating around still.

I'd have prefered the original to be 1-2" longer but that might just be my odd proportions.

SVC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Not huge on the idea of a pre-distressed Barbour....but that does look pretty good. I just bought myself a Bedale a few weeks ago...can't wait until it looks like that after a few season.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah i agree. its like raw denim, i wanna distress it myself but that looks great above for price too!!!

Yeah, the main attraction for me is that the Heritage series is a slim cut, which fits me a bit better. And yeah, original retail was $450, so I'm pretty happy about that, too!

Originally Posted by deputychino
i like it, where did you find it?

Got it here: http://www.bestgear.com/barbour+dist...+bedale+jacket
Mods, please let me know if direct linking isn't allowed. (P.S. I have no connections to Best Gear).

danilo

Reaction score
So I went to J.Crew yesterday and took a look at the Belstaff roadmaster again, to compare to my Barbour International. I gotta say, I like the Belstaff more. But, it sells for $595...

Things I like about the belstaff:
-better fit, it's slimmer in the sleeves around the biceps (for some reason the barbour is huge there, like size Large huge)
-the waxing on the cotton actually gives it a beautiful sheen, which almost gives it the appearance of leather, (barbour has no sheen)
-the belstaff doesn't have a large patch making it a little more understated

All in all, I'd like the Belstaff, I may sell the Barbour eventually as I still haven't gotten the sleeves tailored, so we'll see.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how does the sizing compare to the Barbour? as in what size Barbour do you have and what size Belstaff was working for you?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i forgot to mention i tried on the 34 and it fit very well. getting a size 36 for me would have been a big mistake

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone here successfully slimmed down the sleeves of a barbour? i love the duralinen international i bought but the sleeves are very wide (and too long on me). the material is a coated linen (it's a lightweight jacket) so is there any reason why this couldn't be done?

deputychino

Reaction score
smile.gif

depending on how tall you are, I would say it's probably not long enough to keep your bottom dry. when i sit with mine on it doesn't keep it covered. I'm 5'9".

deputychino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
So I went to J.Crew yesterday and took a look at the Belstaff roadmaster again, to compare to my Barbour International. I gotta say, I like the Belstaff more. But, it sells for $595...

Things I like about the belstaff:
-better fit, it's slimmer in the sleeves around the biceps (for some reason the barbour is huge there, like size Large huge)
-the waxing on the cotton actually gives it a beautiful sheen, which almost gives it the appearance of leather, (barbour has no sheen)
-the belstaff doesn't have a large patch making it a little more understated

All in all, I'd like the Belstaff, I may sell the Barbour eventually as I still haven't gotten the sleeves tailored, so we'll see.

you going to attempt to sell it on ebay? i just listed mine today, it will interesting to see if I can back close to what i paid for it.

auggie

Reaction score
I've just re-waxed my bedale for the first time and it looks pretty good...until I wear it
wink.gif
Within minutes of wearing it the wax forms creases easily and doesn't seem to have set permanently. I can remelt the wax with a hair dryer and it distributes evenly. I've let the coat sit in the sun of a large bay window for a few days and let it dry in a room temperature room for the last few days. It doesn't seem like the wax will set. Has anyone any experience with this process? Is there anything else I could do to finish the re-waxing process, or does it just need to be worn for awhile before the wax sets?

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
They did do a long biker jacket for aw10/11 but it's not on their current on-line catalogue. I think it might have been long trials jacket, so I suspect it would be sized small medium large etc. and slimmer cut. Might be some floating around still.

I'd have prefered the original to be 1-2" longer but that might just be my odd proportions.

The long biker is sized S M L etc. I just saw an L of it the other day and was going to pick it up

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like i said, i have a hookup. got to try it on and it fits. i just don't know if it's personally "worth it" in terms of how often i would wear it. i mean is it hard wearing? one thing that annoyed me is that the cuffs are kind of delicate and it has zip pockets. after a year or two those cuffs will be worn the **** out.

also should note taht it's reversible. i.e. the other side is entirely quilted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads