• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nom de Guerre closing?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LOL, I remember in 2007 when I was in NY I found it no problem and it's painted on the sidewalk too haha.

Would be a shame, it's a good mid tier brand though I haven't looked at it for awhile and lol @ mag's bias.

style_goat

Reaction score
Kind of ***** when Google thinks the address is 640 South Broadway and thru that door of a residential building:
Epjd7.png

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why NDG would be closing. Prices have gone down about 30%-40% lower than years before. They have moved some production to China. Chunky Shawl Cardigan is now $240 compared to $600 last year. (Not as chunky though). As for rent, I don't think its that high, their location is in the basement. They share the same basement with the copy/printing place. I heard that they are planning to open up a ground level store. As for their online store, it won't happen until next year.

ndg always have some nice sales from ervell and common projects at 50% off.

They have sidewalk construction, you may have some hard time finding the store since some area is closed off.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are they still around or not?

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked the store in the past months but they were open during construction when i went over the summer. You can always call the store tomorrow.
4300399769_b9196acecf_z.jpg

SPK

Reaction score
They were open a week ago when I stopped by

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
So are they still around or not?

ask our op, seems to have some kind of secret twitter feed.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Mediocre, overpriced clothing being sold in a neighborhood with some of the most expensive rents in America? I think it's safe to assume this is true.

then again, they save rent by being set up in the basement. anyway this would somewhat surprise me. when i stopped by earlier this year the guy working the shop was whining to me about how much business he had and **** to deal with.

anyway i wouldnt really care either way. sometimes on the deepest sales ndg can be ok. otherwise its mostly overpriced, the absolute apathy with which the guy runs the store kinda amuses me though, got that too-cool-for-you japanese swagger

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I heard a mention that they were moving out of the basement spot to a new location soon. Note that I did not read this on twitter.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I thought I heard a mention that they were moving out of the basement spot to a new location soon. Note that I did not read this on twitter.
Not twitter? I question your source.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
then again, they save rent by being set up in the basement. anyway this would somewhat surprise me. when i stopped by earlier this year the guy working the shop was whining to me about how much business he had and **** to deal with.

anyway i wouldnt really care either way. sometimes on the deepest sales ndg can be ok. otherwise its mostly overpriced, the absolute apathy with which the guy runs the store kinda amuses me though, got that too-cool-for-you japanese swagger

the japanese sales dude was the absolute best. always on top of telling me when to come back for sales or just telling me the sale prices. I've always been a fan of NdG. While I haven't bought anything of theirs in a few seasons (their spring summer stuff is always meh), some of my favorite pieces I wear are nom de guerre. Was actually interested in the elite parka until i realized it would be too thin for east coast winter. my utility jacket is still my go to winter jacket when I head back east.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oy I regret selling that utility jacket.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised about NDG since I've noticed very few stores are even stocking much from the brand any more. And they aren't even willing to list their stockists on their web site-- must be a small list!

Another label that I wonder about is Tim Hamilton since it too has become increasingly scarce. From what I can tell, at least half of the stores in their stockists list have ordered nothing for several seasons now. Yet, they're still listed as dealers?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics